I had the same burning smell in the cabin coming from the AC vent when driving through city traffic. I showed it to Kulathunkal motors but they could not find the issue. I had this issue from day one. After just 4 months and 3800 KMS, my car came to a sudden stop and did not want to move. Service center checked and told me that clutch had burnt off completely. I can't believe it. They are asking 12K to get it replaced. I have complained to Tata Motors and waiting for a response. This was just the last of the series of issues I had with the Storme. Following are the other issues I had.
1) Hand Brake failed: Issue happened within the first week itself after purchase. The first issue I faced was the failure of Hand Brake. Once I apply the Hand Brake, it will not take affect and the car will still be rolling. I accidently found the issue when my friend put the car in Handbrake in a slope but the car was still rolling down. Luckily we were still inside the car and applied the foot brake to stop the car. I soon took it to Kulathunkal Motors and they fixed it.
2) Left Indicator completely failed: Left side indicator was not working at all. Kulathunkal Motors replaced the complete kit and it started working fine.
3) Left turning Radius increased: This issue happened last month. When i turn the car in the left direction, the turning radius was very large. Right turning radius was fine. Kulathunkal motors fixed it and they said something was loose in the left wheel.
4) Smoke in the Interior when AC is turned on: When i drive the car and if it is stuck in heavy traffic, smoke will enter the cabin through the AC vent. I showed this to Kulathunkal motors but they where not able to find what the problem is. I still have this problem and its very uncomfortable to drive the car in traffic because of the smoke.
5) Clutch Burned out: Last week i had a very bad issue. The car suddenly stopped moving. We showed it to Kulathunkal and they said that the clutch burned out.
I am very upset..