Suggestions on Buying a Used Yezdi!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,
I own a Kawasaki Eliminator and now I'm planning to buy Yezdi. Please share your thoughts on whether its a good deal to go for a bike which is not in production since long days.

If not then can you plz tell me the modifications that enhance the performance of my Kawasaki Eliminator. Will soon post the images of it.

Awaiting for your replies. [:D]

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Suggestions on Yezdi!!!!!

Hai katkar
Now i'm surprised to see a guy purchasing yezdi.
Which model in yezdi your purchasing and share any photographs if you have.
Coming to the topic
Yezdi is a wonderful bike when compared to all bikes.
My uncle has one yezdi classic 250.Which i have driven
little heavy in weight
mileage too low and we never calculated.
ride quality is excellent.
it can tackle pathholes easily.
pickup wise good it seems.
But it cant be used for daily communication purpose and these bike can be used only for weekend journey only.

Whats the mileage of your current bike?

Off course its very tough to get a well maintained Yezdi and the spares for Yezdi is another task. Now a days resale value for the Yezdi is very higher in my area. I think better to sell the old eliminator and trying for a new avenger 220, unless you are very much interested in these classic.

EDIT- Sorry! for got the thread is in Nostalgic area

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Hi Rajvel,
Thanks for your reply. I'm planning to purchase a Yezdi RoadKing. Please find below pictures for the same.

picture_60253.jpg

By the way, My Eliminator gives me a mileage of 42 KMPL.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

your bike is in excellent condition and good maintained which i can say on seeing this picture.
its little altered but we have full stock one with OE company paints.
we get a mileage of 20-30 kmpl. based on driving style.
In that we got a equal pickup as hunk when accelerated gradually.
The pickup i'm talking is only about 0-40 KMPH

REGARDS
RAJ

Attachments

H Aniket,

Yezdis are gaining a better resale price these days. So pick one if the deal fits your pocket.

The Yezdi shown in your picture has undergone some plastic surgery. It doesn not sport the original fork, fuel tank and the meters. Its up to you to take a call. Whether to have an Yezdi as original as possible or as modern as possible. Actually I dont see a harm with the fork mod as it gives a more cruiser look and the parts are from a Thunderbird. So finding parts for the fork will be easier now. Does the tachometer also work? What is the price quoted?

-Ilango

Thread Starter #9
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

Current owner quote 35000 as price. I'm trying to go for some negotiations. What you suggests?

Yes. Tachometer is also in working condition.

aniket

Which model it is , what is the odo reading. is this is from a individual owner or from any second market. which part of the city this owner belongs to

Thread Starter #11
Hi Gurrala74,
Its 1995 Model. Current owner is third owner for this bike and I would not trust on odo meter as it might got altered. This bike is now in Pune.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

OK, it is some 17 year old model !! looking its shape in the pic, you can still negotiate for something around Rs.30000/- if you can looking at its age factor !!

Buy a CDI Roadking. All Yezdis manufactured after June 1993 came withCDI. Since you appear to be a novice, I would exhort you not to go for a Yezdi equipped with CB points ignition.

I own a CDI Roadking that I purachased second hand and then rebuilt it ground up. Spares are relatively easy to procure down South than up North. I had got some of mine from Mysore (Ideal Jawa had its factory at Mysore).

PM me for details.

Aniket,

The price mentioned is ok. Just go ahead and buy it.

But have you checked the books? Does it contain the same chassis no & engine no as in the bike? Where is it registered? Is the registeration still valid or expired? If expired, but a Pune registered bike you will have to shell out Rs 3000/- approximately for the RTO formalities apart from the NOC. Rs 2000/- is for a 5 year green tax. The rest will be for the Fitness renewal, Smart card, RTO fees, Insurance & the comission to the agent (if you catch hold of an agent).
While taking NOC be specific on the RTO juristriction with in which you stay? I guess some parts of Hyd region clashes with Ranga Reddy RTO juristriction.
Hope this link helps.

Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

quite its very good quote.You try to get negociated.
If not buy it no problem will be there for you while selling it.
Our yezdi which you see in the picture costs around RS 40000
Now im suprised[roll] how you could get some altered one cheap.

Top Bottom