HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Thread Starter #1
we have ambassadoor car mark 2 1973 model when i was in school it was convertd to mark 4 with small grill in front . now i want to convert it to its original form loooks now it is desilised with matadoor engine wana keep the engine as it is rest wana restore it to its original form as i am very much attached to it as it is my dads car.now that he cannot drive ,i am using it nowadays .can any one from coimbatore help me where can i get the mark 2 grill ,sun shade ,bumpers,mark 2 logo ,dash board and all the necessary parts in coimbatore. next is paint job.original blue paint pls help

350Z

Core Team
You are fortunate to own an Ambassador MK-II. Congrats for the efforts in restoring it back to original shape. Sorry, I have no idea about a particular shop but sure do know that it’s much easier to source the parts in South. Perhaps someone else can advice better on that. Meanwhile, do share some pictures with us. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Buddy,

I hope you can get the parts from Aditya Motors - Coimbatore and there is one more dealer I could not recollect the name.

If you could not source it from there, PM me, let me give some pointers in Ukkadam old market where you can get easily.

welcome to TAI speedodude!! plz post pics of your amby and all the best for restoration!!

You can source the Mark 2 grills and all other necessary parts from Ukkadam market. If not you can get it at Mettupalayam old market. Coimbatore is a place where you can get all kinds of spares for Ambassador. Even i had bought the old type steering wheel with connecting rod for my Mark 4 at ukkadam market.
All the best for your project.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
thanks mr boss and every body for your response i have been to coimbatore and visited aditya motors inquired about the parts they say they do not have them,as i am not too familiar of Coimbatore city yet will try to find if any of u will help me where in ukkadam market will get , are they heavy to our pockets. here searching for a good welder who can do the work havent found any one ,i think will have to search in coimbatore any good welders and good garages who do the rebore of matador engine ,welders and painters .will post the cars oformer and later pic soon
CAN U PLEASE GUIDE ME HOW TO PM TO A MEMBER

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
here i am posting some pics of our amby former and latter,sorry abt pic quality .wana do the restoring in coimbatore .pls help me where in coimbatore they take gud interest in amby work from welding to engine work to interiors thanks

Attachments

Hell lot of talented workers are available in coimbatore.

In coimbatore , dhanam autostore [formerly know as alagendra auto spare]has almost all spares for most of the cars and processing is also hassel free with quality.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations, Your Ambassador looks fairly well maintained from the outside. Try to retain this cream paint shade if possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am also from Coimbatore.
Whats the status of your car now.

If you need to restore,I will help you.
Lot of workshops are there in CBE,Whats your budget and what are all the things you need to change.

Top Bottom