Originally Posted by gstar
i am facing problem with my japanese version maruti 800. My car is giving less mileage/kmpl. Any suggestions for the same? thanks in advance. I am based at ludhiana, punjab.
There may be various problems like:
1. Dirty air filter and spark plug, spark plug gap mismatched.
Clean the filter and the plug. If too old then replace with new one. Set the spark plug gap to 0.7-0.8 mm using a feeler gauge
2. Mostly a mis-tuned or unserviced carburetor causes this problem. Get it tuned.
2. Carbon deposit on the CB point and condenser in the distributor. Clean it using sandpaper.
3. Maybe the clutch has worn out. Get it checked and replaced.
4. Check all the rubber hoses of the fuel pipe for any leaks or cracks. If found replace them.