Semi Restoration Tata Mobile

Thread Starter #1
Back with my partial restoration, as complete overhauling requires huge money & time . Both i dont have so opted for partial restoration. This time a 4 wheeler Tata mobile.

Vehicle Details:
1. Model Tatamobile / 207 Non Turbo
2. 2001 Model Diesel , Bangalore Registered White Board
3. Current owner from Mysore
4. Condition of Engine/Gear box - Ok
5. I am the 4th owner.

Bought it in Sep 16, worked on the below till now , mainly on Exteriors & most of them DIY.

1. Complete wiring check & ensured that all components of light are working including door lights - Costed around Rs 3,500
2. Complete door work, replacement of catcher, overhauling etc costed Rs 1,500
3. DIY - Painting luggage area
4. DIY - Complete cleaning , polishing Dash area, doors, filled the missing components, Door handles, upholsary etc
5. Removing all accessories & make it stock - DIY
6. Fixing fog lamps , Horn - Rs 1,700
7. Installing Audio, & 2 4" speakers just to cover the missing Dashboard components

Pictures are self explnatory.

Need help from friends in the forum to find a place where i get Body parts as i checked most of the Auto stores in Mysore.

Ananth

Attachments

Back with my partial restoration, as complete overhauling requires huge money & time . Both i dont have so opted for partial restoration. This time a 4 wheeler Tata mobile.

Vehicle Details:
1. Model Tatamobile / 207 Non Turbo
2. 2001 Model Diesel , Bangalore Registered White Board
3. Current owner from Mysore
4. Condition of Engine/Gear box - Ok
5. I am the 4th owner.

Bought it in Sep 16, worked on the below till now , mainly on Exteriors & most of them DIY.
HI Ananth,
Congratulations on you new buy. Nice to see a Tata mobile still in service. Vehicle seems to have been in good hands all these days. Though this truck shares most powertrain, suspension and brake parts with Sumo, 407, 207, etc. the lights are the rarest items to come by.
Are you planning for a Turbo engine upgrade?
See if you can adapt the Tata Spacio rear bumpers. If interested I can help you out with a Owner's manual of a Tata mobile. PM me for the same.
-Ilango

Thread Starter #3
Posting some of the post semi restoration pictures.. will post the interior pictures tomorrow. I am happy as most of them are DIY.

11.jpg

13.jpg

Thanks a lot Ilango sir..
If you could send me the soft copy of Owner's manual it would be great as all my efforts of getting one failed. Right now i am keeping my budget for replacement of gear leaver bush kit , power steering fluid leakage & few oil seal replacements.
Since not many fans are there for this vehicle hence low response on queries..

Do you have any idea of which A/c could fit into this vehicle & how much it would cost including installation, also what could be the cost of Turbo attachment.

Please dont forget to send manual.

Ananth

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very good car and restored to an awesome condition Ananth, I'd remember seeing this car posted in classifieds in some websites and had given a short sight at it.

Voila, now it's sold and you've taken with care, wish you a very happy miles with it [drive]

Please do post detailed interior pics as well. I was actually seeing it be my weekend car for my forest trips to bandipur or nagarhole :-)

Top Bottom