My 1994 Maruti Omni Rejuv

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am starting a new thread of my father's 1994 Omni.
The Story
We had originally ordered a red Omni in Febraury 94.Since it was unavailable,we brought the Neptune Blue delivered on 29 December 1994.[surprise]Everything went well for the next 7 years until it was repainted by a local mechanic who literally damaged the car.It was a color change-Pitch Metallic.[cry]The car a lot of trouble and we had freqeunt breakdowns .We bought a Honda Jazz in 2009 but my father refused to sell it.Thus this time we got the car repainted by MASS.The outcome was a brand new car.[thumbswink]In 2012,we broke the garage due to feng shui reasons.Thus the car got rusted and we got it again repainted by the MASS.
Pictures:

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Today, I painted the grill and the bumpers using Nerolac paint.Regarding the paint gun,where can I hire it?[confused]Also searching for a type 1 back bumper as the present one is a type 2.:help:The pictures will be posted soon

Thread Starter #5
Hi,
Paint still missing the polish look. Whether rubbing polish work is done or your camera angle was wrong. But congratulations to your father to keep his old car which makes you to remember lots of memories associated to it.
I have bought a 3M polish from Amazon.Will be applying on both the cars (Omni and Jazz)soon.[:D]
Things Original
1 L
umax headlamps
2 Rims
3 Tool kit
4 Front bumper
5 Lock
6 Manual
7 Grill
8 Seatbelts
9 Glass
Thanks
Shrijit

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
I would like to fit an A.C. but it would cost a bomb.[confused]
In reality,the car looks better after grill painting(poor quality due to mobile camera).
I will post the interior pictures after applying polish.[:)]
With Regards
Shrijit

Thread Starter #10
Hi,
According to the members,are any aditional changes reqiured to enhance the look?
After the 2001 color change,we never visited any local roadside mechanics and always prefered the MASS.But now I think that the denter has cunningly repainted the car. [anger]
Some Memories[cry]
My grandmother went to village and when she was coming back ,suddenly smoke came out from the Engine Bay .The driver stopped the car and the local people poured buckets of water over the engine bay and the fire was extinguished.

I remember that we planned a dinner at a restaurant at Park Street along with my uncle who owned a WagonR then.At midway,suddenly the car stopped working. There were roadside mechanics who were transferring spares from a 800 to our Omni.At last, nothing worked and the car was with them overnight.The next morning 3 Generations of Saha family(me,father,grandfather) went to get the car back.The dinner had to be cancelled.It was in a terrible shape.One mechanic came and took us to a local market for spares. At last, the car was badly repaired.

Last edited:
The original MUV of India - Omni, no doubt about it. I am really happy to see you retain and restore the gem, despite having a new car. There are a few ground rules for any successfull restoration

1. Focus of the functional parts first
2. Repair all existing issues - prefer MGP parts for all electrical and carb kind of areas
3. Oldest, weakest and failure prone parts next
4. Never use house hold tools - like enamel paint and brush etc on car
If required hire a compressor and gun (starts at 300/- per day) and use it accordingly
5. An uncared car is like a spoilt pet, give ample attention to it. Wash the car yourself, you will get to know more about parts and any lose bolts in this process.
6. Use the car minimally, avoid risky long drives etc. Accept the age of the car & treat it accordingly.
7. Do not change original plastic stuff like - everything on dashboard (including steering wheel)
Post more pics of today's condition, so that we can suggest you ideas.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks for your reply,Anand.I wash the car once in a week but the paint becomes dull again after washing just like your previous Blue(then)Maruti 800.[cry]I start it up whenever I get time.The car is used once in a week to keep it into running condition.The dash and steering have been polished by me.[:D]
The paint gun is not available as there is not local garage nearby.Any updates on your Slpender thread?
Problem:The indiator lights have stopped working.Opened the cover,the bulb filament is not cut.Might be going to MASS for regular servicing.[thinking]
Kavin,no updates for few days as I am out of station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
A SUGGESTION TO THE TAI MEMBERS WHO PARK THEIR CAR OUTSIDE
If you keep a old car outside for a long time,patches of rust develop in the body.As my car rusted,we got it repainted by the MASS.So in future,to avoid rusting (our cars are always parked outside) I put a waterproof cover and then put the original car cover.After heavy rains also,the car always stays dry.Thus,the rust problem has been solved.Hope this helps to all.:biggrin::biggrin:
maruti_omni_old_ad.jpg
A Maruti Omni Old AD(Found from Internet)
Site:TeamBHP

Last edited:

Top Bottom