Maruti 800 Automatic 1988

Thread Starter #1
Hello people. This is my second SB308 Restoration Thread in TAI
I hadn’t really planned on buying another 800 but while surfing through second hand cars on OLX I came across this single owner Automatic 1988 SB308 advertisement. I had never driven or seen an Automatic SB308. When I first saw this car I was amazed to see a car this small with an automatic gearbox.
I immediately called the owner and fixed an appointment with him to have a look at the car. The car was genuinely driven for 85k and the engine, suspension and gearbox were in perfect condition. On the aesthetics side the owner had clearly not paid as much attention. In addition to that the wiring also needed quite a bit of repair.The first price he quoted was a little on the higher side after which I gave him my best offer which he refused. After a week of negotiations we finalized an agreeable price and I became a proud owner of the AutoSB308.

Now let the pictures speak

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
The very next day cleaning and restoration process begin[:D]

Attachments

Wow never knew of this models existence ,so they had launched an automatic back then itself. maybe there was a demand to provide this car for handicap or polio affected people or people who really wanted one as there was no automatics unless imported back then?
I think the front grill is not the original look,it had horizontal grill right?

Stunning! Makes me miss my M800, although I've never seen/heard of an Auto version before! How many gears in the transmission?

Good luck with the restoration, there's plenty of M800 fans on here who would love to help you through hiccups you may face with this project!

Looking forward to updates.

hey adil iam pleasent to see maruti 800 automatic transmissioned car [clap]

I heard about maruti 800 came with automatic but never had a chance to see car in real world you made my day bro [:D]

where you live in hyderabad bro i had paralyzed disability, iam looking for a good automatic transmissioned car do you have any suggestions

Back in time,this was highly sought after.This was given on special recommendation to people with disability.At a premium.Continue your restoration.Keep up the good work

kudos man. Firstly congratulations on the purchase, Secondly waiting for more on this restoration never knew automatic existed then for M800. keep up the good work and please post tons of pics. glued to this thread now.[:D]

Wow ! Finally after a long wait we get to see the special one.. The 800 Automatic !!

Nice one. It badly needs a paint job and interiors to be sorted out. Do post the pics of the duo.
Also post few specs of the auto, Is that a 3 speed auto or 2 Speed..

Congrats for your car, First ever automatic in India, take care of that baby well and share the mechanical details of the autobox, without ecm how its drive and share something about the performance too!

Hi,
Really a great one. This is the first i am hearing/seeing an automatic transmission in Maruti 800.
Kindly keep the thread live and post the ownership experience.. Because i don't think there is a specific thread for this type of rare car.

Top Bottom