DIY Restoration of 1971 Vespa 150

Thread Starter #1
Though this is Bajaj 150, (End Vespa model) , chose to make it as Vespa,

Let the pictures speak.
Model - 1971
Bought from Single owner in B'lore - Old man maintained really well.
Did Complete Restoration on Street (No garrage at Bangalore), Did it outside the House every Sundays (Shamelessly though neighbours were looking as if i am mad to polish & sand a old Scooter).
FC , Insurance , Got it done at Mysore - Total Cost Rs 3500
Bought the scooter for Rs 18.5K ( Onwer Quoted Rs 15K , bargained for Rs 12 K & came home), After a week, owner quoted Rs18 K with a condition that i have to Transfer the vehicle to my name, agreed & paid.

Petrol Tank had at least 2 Kgs of sand. Vehicle was not in running condition.

1. Changed Cables.
2. Cleaned Petrol tank,
3.Changed new Tyres - Each Rs 1K
4. Serviced, Carborator, new plugs, COil,

I might have put about 15 to 20 days of effort on this overhauling & spent about Rs 10K aprox as there was no dismantling & painting.

Please excuse for pictures not in order

Thanks.
Ananth

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: DIY Restoration of 1971 Bajaj 150

Mods
could you please delete this post.
i will have to re arrange the Pictures posted.

Though this is Bajaj 150, (End Vespa model) , chose to make it as Vespa,

Let the pictures speak.
Model - 1971
Bought from Single owner in B'lore - Old man maintained really well.
Did Complete Restoration on Street (No garrage at Bangalore), Did it outside the House every Sundays (Shamelessly though neighbours were looking as if i am mad to polish & sand a old Scooter).
FC , Insurance , Got it done at Mysore - Total Cost Rs 3500
Bought the scooter for Rs 18.5K ( Onwer Quoted Rs 15K , bargained for Rs 12 K & came home), After a week, owner quoted Rs18 K with a condition that i have to Transfer the vehicle to my name, agreed & paid.

Petrol Tank had at least 2 Kgs of sand. Vehicle was not in running condition.

1. Changed Cables.
2. Cleaned Petrol tank,
3.Changed new Tyres - Each Rs 1K
4. Serviced, Carborator, new plugs, COil,

I might have put about 15 to 20 days of effort on this overhauling & spent about Rs 10K aprox as there was no dismantling & painting.

Please excuse for pictures not in order

Thanks.
Ananth
Very nice pictures. You have done a tremendous Job. Hats off to you buddy. Keep up the good work.
Do share some more details like performance of engine and FE you are getting etc.
You can source petrol tank from later models with lock in cap from junk yard otherwise anybody can steal your petrol.

kudos brother!!! Nice work done on the scooter buddy. another classic restored on TAI. feels so good to see old vehicles that are restored. keep up the good work and congratulations on the acquisition.

Extremely well done job!
In TAI, can we have a award for restoring Nostalgic vehicles like this one "TAI EXCELLENT NOSTALGIC RESTORER AWARD"?
Mr. Ananth would have that award for sure, I still remeber the restorations you done on 2 Kinetic Lunas, a Kinetic Honda ZX, Yezdi, Bajaj Sunny, etc etc.

Top Bottom