My Rendezvous with Sunbeam S7 (1948)

Thread Starter #1
mates today i was lucky enough to see, touch and ride a piece of history- yes a 1948 motorcycle - a SUNBEAM S7
SUNBEAM s7 & s8 were british motorcycles produced between 1946 - 1948. later it was aquired by BSA. for more on its history here is the link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_S7_and_S8.
i did a small jig on it. and the icing of it all - my friend has promised to give it for use fro few days[roll][:D][surprise]

Attachments

Re: My rendezvous with sunbeam s7 1948

Wow!!!

That's the lovely piece of a machine. So beautiful.

Looks very well maintained. How is the riding experience?

Thread Starter #3

no ramji this machine was in a dilapidated condition and was sitting in the owners house idle for more then 4o years. it came into the hands of my friend 4months back and he rebuilt it from scratch. most of the work was done at a small workshop at payyannur.spent nearly 2lakh inr on the rebuilt. some of the parts handle bar and the fittings on it, the indicator lights, the back light ssembly & the silencer are that of RE bullet. the tyres are of harleys. the small indicator light on the head lamp id a tata 407. he is waiting for the original parts from abroad.i shall post some of the snaps of the rebuild.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4

more snaps mates.

Attachments

Simply Classic! [clap]

Awesome work. How about adding white wall to the tires which may give it a retro look? [;)]

Thread Starter #7

yes generalax there are some really talented mechanics in this part of the world. i know a guy who has done customistion of RE bullets to look like harleys long back with good fit and finish.

Hi,
Great to see an Old beauty getting ready to hit the roads. It looks really awesome.
British has designed a futuristic motorcycle at that point of time itself..

@smoothrider i agree with sureshisme if the tyre walls are painted white it would look like a classic soft tail bike. would look killer.

Top Bottom