Our Freshly Restored Single Owner 1997 Premier 1.38D NE

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI's.
First Of All Thank You TAI For Giving Me Membership ! [clap]
Though I Have Signed Up More Than Year Ago, Frankly I Was Very Inactive On TAI, Sorry For That !
Also Sorry For Late Post Of Restoration Project, We Recently Restored Our NE Back To Mint Condition & I Have Attached Pics Of My Car Before Restoration, During Restoration And After Completing Restoration [:)]
Enjoy The Pics, Cheers !
DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

Thread Starter #4
Dude can you tell us which is before an after restoration

Or are there still pictures to be uploaded

Ram
Sorry Sir !
Most Of The Images Are Clicked On DSLR And I Was Getting Error's While Uploading So Unable To Post Almost 20-25 Pics But Have Uploaded Few Snaps Those Were Taken On Mobile, Have Fun Enjoy The Pics [evil]

Even before the restoration your car looks pretty good.[;)]

Interior pics after the restoration looks really amazing :) It has a premium look[clap]

Dont worry about the higher resolution pics, resize it using some software and upload it.

Good job

Thread Starter #6
Even before the restoration your car looks pretty good.[;)]

Interior pics after the restoration looks really amazing :) It has a premium look[clap]

Dont worry about the higher resolution pics, resize it using some software and upload it.

Good job
yea it was looking good but it's flooring was almost gone, even i had faced problem while using hydraulic jack to lift car while replacing brake pads / any other thing like suspension work/replacing bushing's etc
You can see that running boards had big dent towards upside
and i remember that last time when we had lifted the car for suspension work the flooring had got a big bend and the jack was almost went through it under left front seat ! LOL
yea it's body was in good condition still i preferred to do complete restoration so that it won't need to go to workshop again in next few years [ i hope ] [roll]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Post some details about the Restoration project. The Cost of entire Process and the pares availablity..So that it can be a very helpful information for others too.
Following is the image taken from internet. The alloy is very good looking. If you have any idea on the modifications, kindly consider this too. There were many images of the 118 NE modifcations, you can have a reference of the same.

Attachments

Good to see another car brought back to where it belongs - out on the open road.

The 118NE was a rust bucket and no wonder the adage "my jack reaches upto my roof." Hope the sheet metal used for the flooring is good and the welds have been rust proofed and painted over.

How does she drive now? How many km on the odo after restoration? Do share the restoration details - it might just motivate someone to bring back another car to life.

Thread Starter #12
Good to see another car brought back to where it belongs - out on the open road.

The 118NE was a rust bucket and no wonder the adage "my jack reaches upto my roof." Hope the sheet metal used for the flooring is good and the welds have been rust proofed and painted over.

How does she drive now? How many km on the odo after restoration? Do share the restoration details - it might just motivate someone to bring back another car to life.
bosch pump and nozzle work is done which costed around 4.5K and now it's having original sound of typical 137D / 1.38D engine, oh yeah im loving it ! [cheers]
sheet metal used for flooring itself is original one piece flooring of NE that we bought for 7200rs from kolhapur gandhi motors, unfortunately there's difference in middle part of petrol n diesel NE so we had no other option than cutting it in 2 parts. i have attached few old pics of so that u will get idea of what happened to left side running board ! LOL
and while checking front disc brakes i had found that lower arm of right side was totally rusted and partially broken, hence was curious about suspension work ! , and as per doubt 3 of 4 suspension springs had cracks ! so changed all 4 suspension springs, all bushings, both front lower arms etc in april 2013
total restoration costed around 65K, i'll post it in details afterwards
we were at our farmhouse at badlapur for 5 days so not much km done after restoration, still its something 70-75 i guess, have to check
i have attached speedometer pic when she came to home from garage on diwali occasion, bought the speedometer for 300 rs from gadi adda, kolhapur [ chor bazar in mumbai language ] and it's running quite brilliantly [clap]
Cheers ! speedo.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Sorry for poor pic quality [cry]
DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Hi,
Post some details about the Restoration project. The Cost of entire Process and the pares availablity..So that it can be a very helpful information for others too.
Following is the image taken from internet. The alloy is very good looking. If you have any idea on the modifications, kindly consider this too. There were many images of the 118 NE modifcations, you can have a reference of the same.
hello sir ! i know this car, and it's posted on some other forum [ i ll not mention name ]
it's having gypsy taillights and contessa headlights with custom grill, also powder coated contessa bumper chopped in 2 parts on front side, no fender indicators, chrome door handles etc stuff ! some gorgeous looking alloys, this NE is just awesome [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, your car looks cool buddy, i always loved this car during my school days, but the 138D engine noise level realy spoils the beauty. and the engine vibration is the greatest enemy for this soft and flimsy body.

but the 138D engine noise level realy spoils the beauty. and the engine vibration is the greatest enemy for this soft and flimsy body.
The 137D/138D engine(s) was designed by FNM, Italy and made a supreme racket - it was almost as if a thousand loose tappets are doing tap dance inside the combustion chamber. A plus point was sterling fuel efficiency (for those days, on a litre of diesel).

Off-topic: Ambylovers, what tyres are those on your NE (brand/size/price)? Lovely tread pattern.

The 137D/138D engine(s) was designed by FNM, Italy and made a supreme racket - it was almost as if a thousand loose tappets are doing tap dance inside the combustion chamber. A plus point was sterling fuel efficiency (for those days, on a litre of diesel).

Off-topic: Ambylovers, what tyres are those on your NE (brand/size/price)? Lovely tread pattern.
Hi Guys,
Actually the car posted was not mine. I took that from internet images.
The alloys were very good looking. So only i thought of suggesting ABHI to have a look.

Top Bottom