Classic Restoration of My "Goldy" - A 1980 Model Premier Padmini (FIAT 1100)

Thread Starter #1
Hai friends
my car fiat premier padmini 1980 model had met an accident , so i planned to Full restore and paint my Goldy, i am sharing some of the pictures,
my car details
Make : Premier padmini
Model : 1980 DIESEL converted
Engine : 137d

Attachments

@Littlekovai

Welcome to TAI !! what a way to start your journey in TAI buddy[clap]

This was my 2nd car(pre-owned) car after an Amby and the car Loved always for its sports exhaust and people admiring on road till we buy our next Fiat, the 118NE. I am just sticked to this thread and would love to drive your padmini if I get a chance to meet you. I wish you all the good luck buddy[:)]

Hi,
Its nice to getting threads started in Nostalgic Era area. Indicating still some young guns are there to support the old model Cars.
Where in Coimbatore you are doing this job.

I am glued to this thread. Premier padmini 1100d was the first diesel car I ever drove in my life. I still remember the diesel clutter I was initially not very fond of when I was behind the wheel.

Keep updating the thread. Btw in the first pic, it seems the car was involved in some crash.

HI
Welcome to TAI. Keep this thread filled with lots of pics. I wish to own a fiat premier one day. I'll be sticking to this thread.

@akash1886 you just keen on padmini, i know where your coming from[;)].i came around a classic restored padmini have a look. may be its from this forum only i don't know, because i had saved this on my system. Its a classy though. I simply love this car
Premier-Padmini-61.jpg

Last edited:
Does the fiats (1100D) of 1960s are CKDs or CBUs from Italy? We had one in our home 18 years ago which was a 1968 model.I was a school boy at that time and didn't drove it.My father used it for his daily drive.I still remember in some of the parts "made in italy" was written and if i'm right,the ignition coil was made of MAGNET MARELLI.

Last edited:
Does the fiats (1100D) of 1960s are CKDs or CBUs from Italy? We had one in our home 18 years ago which was a 1968 model.I was a school boy at that time and didn't drove it.My father used it for his daily drive.I still remember in some of the parts "made in italy" was written and if i'm right,the ignition coil was made of MAGNET MARELLI.
The 1100D, was:

1964-65- CBU. 1966 onwards- largely, CKD. Over the years (1966+ - 1972), the proportion of Indianized parts kept on increasing.

Our 1972 is mostly CKD, but with Indian made meters etc. The motor was assembled in Bombay, came from Turin, Italy, in crates- IIRC.

The keys are of Magneti Marelli make, same as today's FIATs, and most electricals (such as dynamo-etc) were of Magneti Marelli Make only.

Top Bottom