Originally Posted by Sam Dinkar
This is a Yezdi 250 Classic with the CL-II's front fender, headlamp, and meters. The body seems to be in pretty good nick - you're lucky that the carb cover is there in place. Since you are in Bangalore, the restoration is easily doable.
Please share a few details:
1. Have you purchased this motorcycle?
2. Are the papers in order?
3. Does it start?
4. How much are you willing to spend on it (cost of motorcycle + cost of restoration)?
5. Who is the present owner of this motorcycle?
6. How long has it been lying around in this state?
7. Do you know any good mechanics in Bangalore? There are at least two good Yezdi mechanics in Bangalore to my knowledge.
8. What is your technical proficiency regarding such restoration? Do you have a fair idea what you are getting into?
9. How long do you plan to own this Yezdi after you restore it?
10. What are your expectations from this motorcycle after it is restored?
11. Are you willing to travel to Mysore to source some spare parts that may not be available in Bangalore?
12. Does the kick starter move freely? Is the piston movement smooth? The oil stains on the clutch cover and crankcase have me believe that this motorcycle hasn't been started for a long time.
Please share few more close ups of the motorcycle. Click as many pictures of as many areas of this motorcycle as you wish and post them here. I will guide you in totality.
Here's a snap of my fully restored Roadking to whet your appetite:
1. Yes,It was given to me
2. Original papers are lost.but have filed an FIR and have submitted to RTO for duplicate documents
3. NO,all electrical wiring is missing
4. Basically the cost of the motorcycle is nil, and i am willing to spend 15-20k for the restoration.
5. My uncle
6. It has been in his barn for almost a decade
8. I have some technical knowledge pertaining to bikes since i happen to be a mechanical engineer. Although to be honest i am totally blank with this specific bike
9. I plan to keep it for a very long time(atleast 5 years)
10. I intend to ride this motorcycle to work atleast once a week and on some weekend getaways.
11. Yes. I am definitely willing to travel anywhere its required
12. The kicker moves freely. The bike was last started some 12-14 yrs back and its been in his barn ever since.The oil started leaking wen i laid the bike sideways to free the chain guard which had been dislodged and had jammed into the chain. The oil though seemed to be new.
was clear as it flowed.
And that is a neat bike that you are having? can you tell me how much did it cost to restore that ? and where did you get it done ?