Maharaja Of Mysore's 1825 Coach For Auction

Thread Starter #1
A state coach belonging to the Maharaja of Mysore and dating back to the year 1825 is set to be auctioned in Surrey, UK on November 24, 2012. Vehicle auctioneers, 'Historics' will be instrumental in the auction of this rare and priceless horse drawn carriage which has British origins. The carriage is a work of art.

It is featured in a wall painting which presently adorns the walls of the Mysore Palace Museum in Karnataka and is seen ornately finished and royally embellished and having all the necessary accessories fit for a king. The carriage is seen in olive green with borders, floral patterns and the family coat of arms. It possesses a total of 16 windows with decorated panels and shutters for privacy.

Interiors are upholstered in beige damask while the roof bears intricate paintings and bordered moldings. Two front seats and found on the exterior for servants and courtiers. The carriage has been in the possession of a UK vendor for some years now and as per inputs from Historics it will come up for auction with an estimated value of £70,000 to £100,000.

Maharaja of Mysore's 1825 coach for auction | Rush Lane

Attachments

I think the Indian Government or whosover responsible for this should get this to India. This is an astounding piece of nostalgic car. This should be considered seriously & brought here!

@RPM2500 - Even I am thinking the same. Who took it to Mysore? :tongue:

@RPM2500 - Even I am thinking the same. Who took it to Mysore? :tongue:
Obviously this would have been taken before 1947 for sure..... im thinking how they took this in the first place i mean mode of transport. that time we didnt have planes to carry such heavy payloads - the words in my history book still are in my mind "India was constantly plundered for its wealth" sad but true !

Last edited:

Top Bottom