Can I Kick-Start a Car / Bike Racing Career? I am 13

Thread Starter #1
Hey Folks![:)]
I am very much interested in racing and all. Just the revving sound of any motor is like hearing a music.[:D]

Problem is I am only 13 and can I kick-start a car/bike racing career at this age?
I read that circuit racing doesn't needs a valid driving license.

Can anyone pour your suggestions?

Re: Can I kick-start a car/bike racing career? I am 13.

My freind started his racing as recreation sports at the age of 16 where i went into football. however he was advised that has to be 18 to start it, although he can drive/ride.

at the age of 20 he become expert in bike/cars. he is a prominent memeber of kari motor speedway and chennai race track club. it ended at the age of 21, where he suffered crash in one of the race, injuring his spine. although he wanted to continue racing, his parents were against it and it put a end to his fitness too. he is a system admin in a MNC now.

my advise for you is to stay away from racing as a carreer/recreation sports as there are number of people who had injured themselves starting to SBK riders to forumla 1 drivers with the atleast being aroon yates of hero ebr who has to go through a surgery after a crash in SBK.

be it SBK or kari motor speedway race..it's always danger. you could select some other sports like cricket, hockey, football. although i didn't go long the distance in football, i still represnet some local clubs and my office team.

also there is not much scope for racing as of now in our country and there are a handful of clubs to train you and also the facitlities is not that great.

I know you are 13 and you are full of dreams. sorry for the advice :)

Thread Starter #3

@Mr. Pravin
Thanks for your advice but it is also a huge danger driving rallies or F1?
In F1, I saw racers wear helmet and are safely seated on the car with belts on.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hey Folks![:)]
I am very much interested in racing and all.
Problem is I am only 13 and can I kick-start a car/bike racing career at this age?
Vignesh, Hold it!! And in my opinion, do not get into all this racing stuff at such young age. Do it at-least after 4 years. At present just learn from TAI and other forums about this racing so that when you venture into it then you're prepared for it.

Love your enthusiasm[clap].

And yes, Happy Children Day!

Regards

Akash

If you do decide to race in future, do not practice on public roads keep it at tracks :) Plus you can start practising for race on high end simulators like Froza/Gran Turismo. Even participate in Nissan GT Academy in future. I have a logitech G27 on PS3 and trust me the GT6 experience is very close to the real thing.

its never too early :P

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Vignesh, Hold it!! And in my opinion, do not get into all this racing stuff at such young age. Do it at-least after 4 years. At present just learn from TAI and other forums about this racing so that when you venture into it then you're prepared for it.

Love your enthusiasm[clap].

And yes, Happy Children Day!

Regards

Akash
Thanks for Children's Day wishes. But I can't control myself from that thing. Many found me that I have racing DNA and even many call me for tracks to race with them seeing my racing talents (in open grounds). They say that I rev and shift gears like a Pro and they say that I am fit for that but just I am over weight (I am 74 Kgs. Can you Imagine?) which they say me to exercise and make your dreams come true.

If you do decide to race in future, do not practice on public roads keep it at tracks :) Plus you can start practising for race on high end simulators like Froza/Gran Turismo. Even participate in Nissan GT Academy in future. I have a logitech G27 on PS3 and trust me the GT6 experience is very close to the real thing.

its never too early :P
Thanks, I will never go for a race in Public roads because no driving license, no bike papers and public racing is a combo offence.
I have PS2 and dont have those simulator options.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

But I can't control myself from that thing. Many found me that I have racing DNA and even many call me for tracks to race with them seeing my racing talents (in open grounds). They say that I rev and shift gears like a Pro and they say that I am fit for that but just I am over weight (I am 74 Kgs. Can you Imagine?) which they say me to exercise and make your dreams come true.
Nurture your talent Vignesh. At present people tell you that you are "like a pro". But when you will nurture your talent and gain more practical and theoretical knowledge and then go for your passion it will be a unforgettable experience and you'll be a "true pro" racer.

Having a flair for something is one thing and turning that flair as your strength is another. Turn your flair into a strength with knowledge. As far as exercising goes, it is very important since all your dreams can be fulfilled if you are in best of health.

Don't think too much on racing as of now and do not imitate any racer either.

Regards

Akash

Re: Can I Kick-Start a Car / Bike Racing Career? I am 13.

Continue to nurture your passion along with the acedemics for your future.
Learn more about the racing, trainings, facilites and options we have in our country.
Concerntrate on your education and with coming years see where your dream takes you towards.

@ RVSB i really would like to second Akash 1886 on this every word of its true. its not the end of the world now. you still have ample amount of time to think about racing. First do some cardios now so that you u gain stamina as well as strength. also keep a strict watch on your diet to loose those extra kilos. Avoid rice as much as possible as it will add to your weight. racers should have a good physique as well as they are supposed to have a strict Diet. till you are 18 try and learn as many things as possible if possible ask pros for any kind of questions you have try and get ans for them. there a long learning curve before you become what u dream of so take care of that till then.

Can i start a career in f1 after my degree in BE? i will be 21years old by then ?

Hello,

I am Deepan Patel. And right now I am in last year of graduation. It will get over in june,2015. I will be 21 years old at that time. And I am very much interested to become a f1& driver. Is it possible to do so at the age of 21? Because i dont have any experience of racing till now. And if yes then how?

Please help.

Thanks.

Are you an aspiring racer and didn’t know where to start? A karting course by eight time National Champion – Rayomand Banajee, this weekend is the best way to kick start your racing career.

His team – Rayo Racing is the only Indian team to win International Karting titles. Each participating trainee driver will get a certificate at the end of the course which contains theory & practical karting as well.
The course will run from 10am to 1.30pm on December 6 and 7 at Smaaash, Lower Parel. For registrations & more details, email rayoracing2@gmail.com or call 09167832954.

this is where you can start probably
Source:- http://overdrive.in/news/rayomand-banajee-to-conduct-beginner-karting-course-on-december-6th-and-7th

I think at age of thirteen its quite risky. Rather than racing you should focusing on driving module of different kind of vehicles.

Career in formula one

Hi everyone. Can anyone please tell me if it is possible for me to become a professional formula one driver (or a rally driver). I'm 22 years old and have a driving experience of almost 12 years (yes, i started when i was 10!). I know it's very late but still. I also have a good knowledge about cars and i am a mechanical engineer by profession.

Top Bottom