Want To Start Watching Motorsports. What To Watch & When?

Thread Starter #1
Hello people, posting after a long time.
I do not watch any sport. Not cricket, not football, NONE.

However, seeing a race while switching channels got my interest. I don't know what race was it, but there was a Camry(probably more) and they were racing in a round track. It seemed interesting, the race was restarted for some reason I don't know. Finally someone won and I had to change the channel and now some questions:
1- What should I watch? F1? What other kind of races are there?
2- Which channel usually telecasts these in India?
3- Need basic information about rules governing the races(like why was that race restarted)
4- Are those just single races or proper 'tournaments' or 'championships'(sorry if I used wrong words)?
5- How long a race usually is?

Expecting a reply from knowledgeable members here. [:)]

350Z

Core Team
I do not watch any sport. Not cricket, not football, NONE.
I’m no different. To be honest, I don’t watch races either. Somehow they don’t interest me as much on TV as in real.

1- What should I watch? F1? What other kind of races are there?
There are various forms of motorsport racing (F1, WRC, Le Mans etc). It depends upon one’s own interest.

2- Which channel usually telecasts these in India?
I think ESPN and Star Sports broadcast the races in India.

3- Need basic information about rules governing the races(like why was that race restarted)
Visit the official website of Formula-1 for details (Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website).

4- Are those just single races or proper 'tournaments' or 'championships'(sorry if I used wrong words)?
Yes. That’s a proper championship. We also have a thread dedicated to F1 2013 Championship Season (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...10934-formula-1-2013-championship-season.html).

5- How long a race usually is?
A typical F1 race can last upto 2 hours with total laps that atleast exceed 305 kilometers as per current FIA regulations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom