Vision and You

Thread Starter #1
How many of you wear glasses ( I am talking about distance powers only not the near power ) ?
If you wear specs what is the power of your glasses ?
What is your current best corrected visual acuity ?
Have ever been checked for colour vision deficiency ?

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i were glasses[glasses] since 2008.

in summer holidays , used to watch TV at night and used to wear headphones so that i don't disturb others [cry] and because of that my eyesight got weak.

i used to wear +1 in both the eyes and now it's 0.75 for the right and 0.50 for the left.

didn't do anything just wore them continuously.

Thread Starter #3
As an eye surgeon I suggest you wear glasses most of the time considering your specs power .
In my practice I found large number of drivers ( Chauffers ) have low vision . I dont know how they drive efficiently with this low vision .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
As an eye surgeon I suggest you wear glasses most of the time considering your specs power .
In my practice I found large number of drivers ( Chauffers ) have low vision . I dont know how they drive efficiently with this low vision .
i wear specs all the time. have different specs for laptop.

My eyesight became weak in post grad due to excessive laptop work and carelessness towards health. Right 0.75 and 0.50 for left (similar to allhyundaicars)
I never drive without glasses on, but at home I don't wear them. Is it alright Doc?

Dr.Niladri

Though I use some driving spects while driving, but recently I have noticed something that whenever I am in a conference and sitting in last row, I read the presentation on the scene with a difficulty as it looks blurred to me. But I felt this is may be because I am using the laptop for 7 to 8 hours a day since last 3 to 4 years. I think 1 year back I had been to a good eye doctor where doctor told me there is no sight problem but recommended me to where some compu-lense while working with laptop. what do you suggest on whole

Got specced in 2009 once and got rid of them in 2010 itself.

Got specced again in 2012 with 0.5 for both eyes.

Already two sets are broken and third will also meet the same fate any day.I never use specs while driving,use them only while working on PC/laptop or while going to meetings just to make me look matured..:tongue:

Started wearing from 1992 [glasses] when i was eight, so now all of you know my age [embarass]
Power is slightly on the higher side. 3.75 for left and 4 for the right side. I use the glasses continuously and the only time you may not find me wearing is while sleeping [roll]

Good Thread. I started wearing spectacles as I had short sight ( can not see farther objects) since class 12 and Power was around 4 for left eye and Right Eye it was 4.5.

I hated these Spectacles when driving and was jealous of other friends / cousins who wear goggles :stupid: I always wanted to go through Lasik Operation to get rid of them but somehow could not get courage to get operated. Finally Just after marriage, got enough courage from my better half and got myself operated and now I am free from these spectacles and love driving more than ever and I can also flaunt goggles in front of anyone now :biggrin:

Its been 3 years without spectacles and am loving every moment of it. Also I can not describe the happiness we feel when we see our loved ones clearly without use of spectacles :stupid:

Last edited:
When I saw the thread's name, I thought I'll be more like a motivations thread for reaching our vision (goal/target) or something like that. Enthusiastically opened the thread, then came to realised that you guys were actually taking about your eye sight problem.

Was giggling like an idiot afterwards. [:D]

Sorry, if this is off topic !!

Now a days most of the DTH operator shows shopping channels. I usually skip these channels, but sometimes they show some specs / goggle ads which reduces glare while night driving. Its something yellowish looking goggle which can be beneficial while driving in night / rain and fog. Is this true?

Has anybody in this forum have it or have something similar?

350Z

Core Team
Hi TAI-gers. I bought Gunnar SheaDog computer eyewear since my PC usage is too high. I used them only for a couple of hours before my eyes and head started to pain too much. I wrote to Gunnar but no update yet. Can experts please shed some light? BTW I don't wear any other specs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom