I have totally stopped watching the regular tv shows which are aired on tv, mainly due to the fatigue factor. you need to leave all logic behind and all you see is their saas bahu types.
so making a list of Tv series i watch.
read : all series i watch may not be necessarily been aired on tv. so dont flame me like you are not proud of indian tv series etc.
the first of the tv series which got hooked me on english tv series was friends which i used to watch on tv but apart from that
1 . Prison break Prison Break (TV Series 2005–2009) - IMDb
got in to the downloading mode only during my engineering project days [we all do the same]
2. how i met your mother How I Met Your Mother (TV Series 2005) - IMDb
was funny initially but now its a bit drag.
then went into comedy
3. the big bang theory The Big Bang Theory (TV Series 2007) - IMDb
4. two and a half men Two and a Half Men (TV Series 2003) - IMDb
some NSFW titles (spartacus, game of thrones)
5.some animated series
majorly (the family guy, the simpsons, american dad)
6. action: Person of interest Person of Interest (TV Series 2011) - IMDb
7. HOUSE M.D House M.D. (TV Series 2004–2012) - IMDb
8. some Sci-fi
fringe Fringe (TV Series 2008) - IMDb
apart from that thriller which i am hooked onto currently is
9. Breaking badBreaking Bad (TV Series 2008) - IMDb
10. modern family Modern Family (TV Series 2009) - IMDb
not to forget TOP Gear on BBC UK.
let me know if i am the only one watching those series.
others too feel free to pitch in.