Design Your Own Automobile!

Thread Starter #1
hope i am not crazy, but why not design a car . a genuine TAI car.

photoshops,cadd, engines, breaks ,tyres,alloys,steering, interiors, aerodynamics, and everything else.

and let me hope it takes a physical shape in near future with combined effort of all members!!

what say?

Well , i am not good at such stuffs! People who know something about this , start it. I will give my suggestions/inputs whenever needed.

Great thoughts come alike !!

I just started designing a car yesterday.

Start it Jayadev. Will share my sketch soon once I come to an end.

Thread Starter #4
Kudos, well its just only a thought now somewhere in my head , hope somebody would initiate it here then we can carry on.

Thread Starter #5
how about 2000cc isuzu diesal engine to begin with affordable and easily available.

turbo charging
larger injecters
porting and polishing
larger exhuast
cam
retarding timing
fuel pump.
propain injectoin after the turbo.
computerizing

anybody have manufacturers datasheets??

Super idea.

ok..1 doubt. How do we start? As in do we start with the exteriors, interiors and then the mechanicals or all in parallel. (Pardon my ignorance [embarass])

Thread Starter #7
whoever is good at whatever, can throw in ..and most important is critisizm though postive one should be much welcome

350Z

Core Team
Did I read Car Design? That’s what always fascinates me. I ain’t a pro with Photoshop. But here’s a quick work (Based on MR2) using MS Paint.

Custom_Car.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Bebo

Suspended
Did I read Car Design? That’s what always fascinates me. I ain’t a pro with Photoshop. But here’s a quick work (Based on MR2) using MS Paint.
Good design.

how about 2000cc isuzu diesal engine to begin with affordable and easily available.

turbo charging
larger injecters
porting and polishing
larger exhuast
cam
retarding timing
fuel pump.
propain injectoin after the turbo.
computerizing

anybody have manufacturers datasheets??
Retard timing,cam?,larger exhaust ?
U sure all this can be done on diesels ?

Before going further & just filling up the thread why not have a reality chk ?

*( not to discourage anyone,even i am interested in this & i think serious people need to sort out/give a thought to below points first if they actually want to turn thist ting into reality )

1) Base car to start with,its cost,who's gonna pay ?
2) Engine,rebuilding it & putting it into car,its cost. (What about the RTO permission ?)
3) The body work you guys are doing in the thread will cost a bomb when you try to turn it into reality. ( RTO permission ? Safety ?)

etc,etc

Thread Starter #15
thank you neil.bhujbal,

well nothing is planned not even it have launched in paper , to be exact i am a person with "L-board" when it comes to cars technical. nice to see your comments .honestly i was waiting for guys like you to enter in.

in TAI i saw some guys made an excellent car from scrap -it was a Mitsubishi lancer, kudos to them. that is what inspired for this thread.

when things start growing let us hope that doors get opened.

@surendar :- put some more details about your sketches like dimensions and practicality .
@type-r nice alloys expecting more from your end

Top Bottom