Those of us who love our cars NEVER give its keys to others.
Because those 'others' will 100% not treat our cars in the same way as we treat them.
Those TAIndians who agree with me, raise your hands.
Wow, so many hands ! Alright, please put your hands down.
So what are the things that we do to take care of our cars that the 'others' would otherwise find strange?
Here's some of the things that I do:
1. Leave for office early so that no one occupies the parking slot under the lone tree that is there in the premises ("Saaaar, why do you come soooo early everyday?").
2. Blow the window beadings with air from my mouth before opening the door so that no dust enters the car when I open the door.
3. Get inside bum first, with both legs dangling outside the car, bang both heels together (Nazi salute style) to get rid of shoe dust and only then pull both feet inside.
4. Switch off the ac in peak traffic, even though it makes me and the occupants sweat like a
("you let us sweat like this just so that there is no load put on your engine...huhhh?")
5. Keep a different cloth for wiping the bonnet. Keep a different cloth for wiping the Bumper. Keep a different cloth for wiping the windows. Keep a different cloth for wiping the tyres. Keep a different cloth for wiping the alloys. Keep a different cloth for wiping the boot. Keep a different cloth for wiping the interiors.......("Oh my God...so many rags!!")
6. Refuse to take the car out again once it has been parked for the day.
7. Wash the car and polish it even though it's raining outside ("Oi, why are you doing this, it will get dirty again the moment you take it outside").
8. Not giving lift to a stranded colleague because it's raining and he is wet and if he gets in.......
9. Never rolling down the windows, irrespective of the weather. Never. Ever. ("Yaar...why don't you roll down the windows and let the air in?")
10. Not switching on too many electrical accessories simultaneously ("Why can't we have both the stereo and the ac switched on at the same time?")
11. Idle the engine for a minute before starting off ("Oh, c'mon...what are you waiting for???")
12. Slow down to almost zero speed while moving over a wet road to avoid dirty splashes on the car.
13. Not taking the car out during peak traffic to avoid scratches ("It's so hot...why are we taking the bike when we can take the car?")
14. Give a you-come-one-centimeter-closer to-my-car-and-I'll-whup-you look to that biker who is maneuvering his bike frantically at a red traffic light.
15. Use the spotless white handkerchief to remove that small, almost invisible speck of dust on the dashboard.
16. NEVER allowing anyone to eat anything inside the car ("man, you're so mean!").
17. Put that packet of samosas
in the boot to avoid any smell inside the car.
18. Wash and dry the just - replaced spare wheel before putting it inside the boot.
19. Polish the window beadings with dashboard shiner ("huhhh....what are you doinggggg?")
20. Keep staring at the just washed-and polished car without a worry in the world.
21. Refuse to keep a car wash guy ("why do have to wash the car yourself everyday?").
and many many more.
So, what are the things that you do?