Barber Who Owns a Roll Royce

Thread Starter #1
Source: The Telegraph,Calutta
Pictures:Bangalore Mirror.

If you want a “good haircut”, Ramesh Babu can give you one for Rs 65. That is, if he hasn’t already driven off in his Rs 3-crore Rolls Royce Ghost.

Started working in his salon Inner Space,when one of his mother's employee suggested to lease his Maruti Omni to Intel the company she worked with.It all began from there and, by 2004, I had six cars all engaged in the same business.

After he lost the Intel assignment in 2004, Babu floated Ramesh Tours and Travels and scouted for clients.

To tap high-end clients, he invested in a Mercedes E Class luxury sedan that cost him Rs 38 lakh. Three more Mercedes cars and four BMWs were added to the fleet, which is, however, dominated by 48 Toyota Innovas. His clients have included actors Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai.

The Rolls Royce, a recent addition, came with a bank loan for which he is paying Rs 7 lakh every month. When not leased out, Babu drives the white beauty to work.

At Rs 50,000 a day, his Rolls Royce is rarely hired, but Babu is a contented man. “I can at least drive this dream car and take my mother and family out on drives,” he says.

He has stuck to working at the salon without fail. “That’s my bread and butter,” he says about Inner Space.

Attachments

Re: Barber who owns Roll Royce

And to think of it, he still works in the salon. A great man, seems to be very very hard working & humble.

Re: Barber who owns Roll Royce

I remember reading this news few months ago.

Kudos for his efforts.

Now we ought to get a haircut from this person at least once.
Lol i was thinking the same,since I am in Bangalore maybe i have a chance

What does your Stylist use to travel,Honda activa,Oh mine uses a Rolls Royce,LOL
Anyways that car is imported using EPCG so he would have paid half but still a good climb up the ladder

Top Bottom