An idle brain is a devil's workshop, they say. Sometimes, the best of the ideas come to you when you stare at the wall blankly or when you stare into the deep vastness of the sky or when you lie on your bed and stare listlessly at the ceiling.
I stand in the balcony sipping my tea, staring at the park across the road when an idea hits me. What if? I ask myself. What if we have a thread where TAI
boys give away the stuffs they no longer need to fellow TAI
folks who might find it useful. It might be anything, anything which you no longer need but are not willing to dispose off. Say, your cherished car magazines. You have read them over and over again that every word is etched in your brain. But you find it too painful to give it to that paperwalla down the street. You can pass it off to your fellow mate. Or that cherished toy car with which you endlessly did 'vroom' 'vroom' to the sheer annoyance of your mom and dad! I am laying down some basic rules to be followed so that there is no heartburn among us.
1)Think before you post. Be absolutely sure that you don't need the item and are willing to part away with it. It is not very nice to ask something back after giving it away.
2) Specify if you are willing to ship/pick up only. If you are willing to ship, it is expected that the receiver makes the payment for shipping. Remember, after all, the other person is doing you a favor by giving away stuff.
3) Strictly no selling of the items you have received. Please! Someone has given it away with good intention. Don't make a quick buck out of it. If you are done using it, come back here and post. Chances are there is someone who wants what you have and will be grateful that you have given it to them
4) If you find what you are looking for, PM the person giving away the item. Once it is agreed between the persons, the person giving away will post a confirmation that the item is being given away to s0 and so.
5) Don't grab everything that comes! Take something you really need,let other stuff pass. Your act of selfishness might deprive someone of something needy. And add to that, your fellow mates will look down upon you. The last thing you want is to to be known on TAI
as a 'gobbler'. Remember that TAI
or any other forum is a life long association. And what you post on the net remains forever. There is no erase button.
6) Return the favor, you have something you don't need, give it away. It necessarily need not be 'return the favor'. You can initiate it too. Who knows, a simple PM might result in a life long friendship
7) This is a giveaway thread. Don't expect any money for the thing you are giving.
8) Sometimes, people might not need what you have to give away. No problem, you know you at least tried giving away. That's a good thing you have done. You can pat yourself for that, I mean it. Seriously. A crying child gets milk!
You need something, ask! A fellow member might be generous enough to give what you have been looking!
1) If you need it for a short while, inform the giver about the same and offer to return the same. If the giver declines, this thread is always there,you can pass it off others.
2) Be realistic, sometimes, what you need, people might not have/may not be willing to part away with. Remember, its not your right. You can't demand it. Pledge
: As a giver, I am not expecting/asking the receiver for any monetary benefits or benefits of any kind whatsoever. My ownership of the above said item ceases after I hand over the item and I claim no ownership of the said item under any circumstances whatsoever. Pledge
: I as a receiver will pledge that I am not going to sell the items I receive. If I no longer need the above said item, I pledge it to pass it on to fellow TAI
members. I am willing to pay the shipment charges if the giver agrees to ship the item. I will not use the item for commercial purposes or in any form from which I gain monetary benefit. I pledge to use it for personal purpose only.