Projects / Assignments in Schools - Is it for Students or Parents?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Hope the title clarifies the thread content.
I wanted to ask this question to the school in which my nephew is studying, "The assignments and Project works given to the students are really for them or their parents?"

Here is the list of titles given for a Pre-KG (yes, you are right, it's Pre-KG) student to submit project works (models) on the same.
1) In the street
It should include Road, traffic signals, cars, bus, ambulance, police van, fire engine, fuel station, post box, telephone booth, dust bins, foot path, bus stop, Oops the list keeps going
2) Zoo
Animals (some ten or fifteen list was given), birds (again some list), individual cage, water bodies, etc etc
3) Class Room
Desk, Bench, Table, Chair, Black Board, chalk, duster, maps, globe, window, door, light, fan, etc etc

few more titles which I could not recollect now.

Being a petrol head, Title No. 1 sounded more close to my interest and started working for the same. Went for shopping with both my nephew and spent around 1k and 3 hours to complete the shopping.

Started the work on the same night and completed it in two days[frustration]
Will post the snaps of the project work soon.

BTW, is it worth doing such project complicated project works for a KG student? I don't think so. Please post your views and ofcourse your experience[lol] too.

Thread Starter #2
Here is the WIP photograph. Signal lights and lights in Ambulance are working. Foot path, busstop and some other stuffs were missing in this photograph. Will post the final snap once I could locate in my hard disk.

Attachments

Nice project Boss but 99.9% projects for kids (up to 5th class) are for parents actually and not for the kids. Or I would rather put it that parents gets involved so much for the kids that they do not allow child to be a major part of the project.

I am also victim of such a thing. Because I do not want my kid to feel bad because her friend got a good rating in project because her parents prepared it. I always support self-support system for kids and my daughter scored very bad in pre-school because of her owned imagined project (we supported with idea only). But in other classes, she just pasted few papers here and there and that’s it.

She scored good marks in those projects.

I know I am promoting wrong practice but cannot help it as the system is so bad. I am hoping that in due course of time I might involve her more for her betterment rather then anything else.

And man I am telling the truth.

Thread Starter #4
She scored good marks in those projects.
[clap]Congrats for her.

BTW i involved my other nephew in doing his project "Wind Mill". I don't have the snaps of the same, but a working model with a mini DC and speed reduction gears (all from his old battery operated toys)

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
I'm 100% sure that you are not alone who wonders the same question. This is an open truth that school projects for small kids are usually prepared by their parents instead. Although the practical projects are meant for children to 'learn with fun' but still, I believe there's a lot more scope of improvement in our current school system. By the way, good project but you spent too much for it. I know, some ready-mades are also available out there. [;)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

When i was given a project in my school days, it was my sister who completed it. As a matter of fact i never did any drawing or craft work myself[lol].

Thread Starter #8
By the way, good project but you spent too much for it.
Thank you, BTW spent a lot, but consumed only a few what we purchased.

When i was given a project in my school days, it was my sister who completed it. As a matter of fact i never did any drawing or craft work myself[lol].
My brother used to do in my case.[;)] But drawings were made by myself.[clap]

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];72996 said:
What ? this type for project for kg?

hope kids dont become nuts
Nope. They will become enthusiasts, only if there was a separate class of automobiles for them. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
ilango[speed thirst];73013 said:
I mean , the picture in 2nd post, for kg student. it will be a good one fo say 4th or 5th std one , not for kg.
Ilango, this project got only the 3rd Prize, then think of the other two[surprise]
Parents started outsourcing the kids projects now (inspired by IT culture[lol] I suppose - No offense)

Ilango, this project got only the 3rd Prize, then think of the other two[surprise]
Parents started outsourcing the kids projects now (inspired by IT culture[lol] I suppose - No offense)
That is height of crazy.

Student of kg cant do a project . they even dont understand what is a project.

Kids need to play outside , which keeps the fresh , energetic , sharp etc

excellent thread and well i still remember my school days so i realize this pain children go through. such kind of topic for KG kid? [surprise] as ilango said its their age to go out and play and not start making project. they will already have many projects in high school. btw which scool is it??

Top Bottom