Indian Republic Day Parade - Cameras Not Allowed?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hello all, the day is going to arrive when our nation will celebrate 61st Republic Day, on 26th January 2011. Members staying Delhi would be familiar with the tight preparations going on. For the first time I’m planning to attend this event but afraid that neither cameras nor mobile phones are permitted. One of the reasons I’m attending is to share the coverage with you all. In fact, the key of the car is also not allowed. Just in case someone else has been there before, I would like to know did you manage. Official Website: Republic Day Celebrations 26 January 2010

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Here's an update: I attended the republic day parade today and experience was fabulous. However, there is strict checking so certainly the cameras / mobile phones are not permitted (Not even Pens). For those who have remote controlled car keys, it is advisable to use the spare keys which are usually normal ones.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great, i saw the parade on TV. I feel glad to know the rules are not just superficial but are being followed in real.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Yes. It’s a very significant event for the entire nation so the security is kept extremely tight but unfortunately, the management was just as usual.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom