Surat businessman buys Tendulkar's Ferrari
1) In 2003, 'FIAT' gifts Sachin the 360 Modena Ferrari for scoring 29 test centuries. BTW
, Sachin was trying to sell Palio at that time.
2) Only prizes are tax exempted. Since this was a gift, Sachin had to pay custom duty.
3) Sachin asks for waiver of custom duty from Central Govt.
4) After long dilly dalling, with the fear of Sachin 'refusing' the gift, 'FIAT India' pays the custom duty.
5) Sachin enjoys the drive in his Ferrari at 2AM nights.
6) In 2011, Sachin sells his gift to businessman, who buys at an undisclosed amount.
Now, have you sold any of your gifts?