Would You Book Your New Vehicle Online?

Would you prefer booking your new vehicles online?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Today everything we buy are available online which had made us more easy to do multi tasking at the same time and nowadays we can even book vehicles online so as the poll says would you prefer buying or booking your new vehicles online?

Share your opinions.

Regards
N.Moorthy Mithran

Vehicle is something you would First like to have a look in Flesh. It may look best in picture/videos but may be disappointing in actual.
You cannot decide how comfortable the ride is, how responsive the engine is. Its ergonomics, features usefulness unless you actually try it.
Although listed specifications can help in a comparo, there is nothing like judging after taking a test drive.

The only time you can book online is
You have done all you research and Test Drives and and finalized the vehicles and the offer online is giving you big time savings on the cost front and/or Value adds (read add ons and accessories)along with the purchase.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi friends,

Today everything we buy are available online which had made us more easy to do multi tasking at the same time and nowadays we can even book vehicles online so as the poll says would you prefer buying or booking your new vehicles online?
Well, in context of our country, I don't think the buyer base here would ever want their money to be in unsafe hands and so they won't do anything about which they'll be unsure of. Buying a car isn't a child's play today. If the buyers can get cheated in person, then just think of the probability of being cheated by any brand while booking the car online. Unlike many western countries, the biggest issue over here is the lack of transparency in the dealing.

Online Shopping for couple of thousand bucks is different and booking a car online is totally different. Its always better to see it, feel it, drive it & then buy it.

Regards

Akash

i will not buy a bike or car online. I haven't bought a new car in my name since constructing a home in urban jungle was my first priority(we lived in a rented home). But having bought, a few two wheeler i would say that the touch and feel of buying a product is something different. online shopping has made people lazy.

Hi friends,

Share your opinions.

Regards
N.Moorthy Mithran
Agreed Brother.
But if I have option for booking it directly through dealer I will choose it.
Reason :- Online booking is easy but afterwards its a bit hectic as I have read.

For ease, even dealership executives come home for TD and booking.
Believe me I had booked Tiago like this, after 4 long TD and booked at my place. I wasn't even aware where the dealership was [lol].
I just went to dealership for final paperwork and delivery. So I find this to be much easier than online booking, where first you book, then wait for dealership to get that booking, etc.

Thread Starter #6
Well, in context of our country, I don't think the buyer base here would ever want their money to be in unsafe hands and so they won't do anything about which they'll be unsure of. Buying a car isn't a child's play today. If the buyers can get cheated in person, then just think of the probability of being cheated by any brand while booking the car online. Unlike many western countries, the biggest issue over here is the lack of transparency in the dealing.

Online Shopping for couple of thousand bucks is different and booking a car online is totally different. Its always better to see it, feel it, drive it & then buy it.
Yes, agreed and even i don't prefer booking my new vehicle online but as days go by even we people were afraid of buying our necessary products online and now the dealership/showrooms of any product in the market except automobiles don't have many customers in their showroom but people go online to buy their clothes or shoes,etc.

I agree with you that Online Shopping is for couple of thousand bucks but nowadays people are coming forward to buy products online. I went to a shoe showroom ( all brands are sold) and the customer next to me just came in and they asked about the woodlands shoe in a much detailed manner and then they went and after that i asked the seller why did they go even after trying one and the seller said that they (buyer) have seen the same shoe in online so whether to buy or not to buy from online they have come to verify it. So the thing is people have not only tried to use the online but they have started to verify the product or try out or touch the product and buy it online even if it is for few 1000's to spend so buying products online is becoming strong day by day which in turn in future people might prefer TD the car at a showroom and buy the vehicle online as it is cheaper, etc. But still only if the feedback of the online buyer of a particular vehicle is better then only it would pickup or otherwise it will be an utter waste of buying the vehicle online.

Agreed Brother.
But if I have option for booking it directly through dealer I will choose it.
Reason :- Online booking is easy but afterwards its a bit hectic as I have read. For ease, even dealership executives come home for TD and booking. Believe me I had booked Tiago like this, after 4 long TD and booked at my place. I wasn't even aware where the dealership was.

I just went to dealership for final paperwork and delivery. So I find this to be much easier than online booking, where first you book, then wait for dealership to get that booking, etc.
Yes, agreed even i don't prefer booking my new vehicles online but as days go by people were very much hesitated to buy products online in those days but now even we can get perishable products online so in future the vehicles would also be sold through online as an option for the customers. Still some two wheelers or sold or can be booked by customers online nowadays. And if the feedback is good people would throng for it like in these days many online sellers website is mainly famous due to the people's word of mouth as well as the reviews around the internet and as well as like you people who had the experience in booking a vehicle.

And as you said you have booked the Tiago online and that's an experience and the executives from the particular showroom must have made relevant steps or guided you more easily to deliver the car to you but the vagueness of the executives had made this a bitter experience for you. But still buying the vehicle online is not easy one until and unless it is a boon in the future.

And as you said you have booked the Tiago online and that's an experience and the executives from the particular showroom must have made relevant steps or guided you more easily to deliver the car to you but the vagueness of the executives had made this a bitter experience for you. But still buying the vehicle online is not easy one until and unless it is a boon in the future.
Oops my bad, I didn't booked Tiago online. It was just that dealership guys had come to my place to collect cheque and give me receipt.
Yep, agreed with your point.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yes, agreed and even i don't prefer booking my new vehicle online but as days go by even we people were afraid of buying our necessary products online and now the dealership/showrooms of any product in the market except automobiles don't have many customers in their showroom but people go online to buy their clothes or shoes,etc.
I agree with you that Online Shopping is for couple of thousand bucks but nowadays people are coming forward to buy products online.
There is another issue here and i.e the refund policy. If you pay by cheque the booking amount then atleast you have a documented proof and can hold the collar of the SA if he tries to play clever in case of refund. In case of online booking you still may have the payment proof but in case of refund or any delay with whom will you contact? The dealerships perhaps won't entertain your query with utmost priority or urgency. In today's time when we make the booking of vehicle in person, still the dealers make plans to cheat us so for online it is even more easy for them to act clever.

Of the online booking I'll share a incident, In April 2016, I had to travel to Mumbai so first I booked online ticket from Airline's portal then got it re-scheduled by their call center. I was provided a refund of 65 Rs. and had been told to collect it from Airport. Now, when I got the revised itinerary, the booking status was "On Hold" and not confirmed just because the call center did not process the refund. I had to take it up at Airport counter of Airlines and after waiting for long, they got refund processed from call center. I was not bothered about the value of refund rather the ticket status was more important. So, from that time onward I make sure to get tickets done from airport only and avoid online/call center bookings. These online shopping and stuff is surely easy but more of a shortcut and headache.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
There is another issue here and i.e the refund policy. If you pay by cheque the booking amount then atleast you have a documented proof and can hold the collar of the SA if he tries to play clever in case of refund. In case of online booking you still may have the payment proof but in case of refund or any delay with whom will you contact?

So, from that time onward I make sure to get tickets done from airport only and avoid online/call center bookings. These online shopping and stuff is surely easy but more of a shortcut and headache.
Yes, i agree with you that only documented proof will act as a proof for online buying and it becomes hectic when they don't refund or delay the process but still consider that we all buy products online and when it was introduced or made available in India many people have lost money due to the fraud or cheating like used product replaced for new, reimbursed products, etc. Still these problems are present and no one has stopped purchasing products from online but they are switching to next alternative in the online market and everytime the customers switch from one website to other there will be some refinement in the process done by the online sellers, so its the customer's duty to make the seller to make the repayments to its customers by switching to the next best alternative and as you said by meeting our needs by doing it by ourselves in direct contact with concerned person. So buying a vehicle online will be as worst can it be than the regular online shopping but many websites may emerge in future to sell or book the vehicle and as i said before it mainly depends on the review and feedback of the customer's.

Top Bottom