Hand-Written Letters: Relive Nostalgic Memories!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

By reading the title many would wonder why and for what I began this thread. What's so unique about this thread and What's it's purpose on an automotive forum. Absolutely you all are right. But, in this fast and hectic life where we answer tweets, emails and sms etc, do we ever give a thought to one of the most memorable mode of communication i.e A hand-written letter?

I know, most of you will laugh at me[:D]. But in all these years the science of communication has somewhere pushed back the true medium of expressing one's real feelings and replaced it with typed words. Earlier, the handwritten letters held utmost excitement and our emotions knew no bounds when we received a letter from our loved ones. But today, the science has diluted emotions to a great extent and sms/tweets etc all feel just a formality.

Festivals are the right time of the year when we communicate our wishes to our loved ones, family & friends. Those who are settled away from their families and can't meet them in person share their emotions and wishes by tweets/sms greetings. So, observing it all these years, today I thought, let me ask you all, if in this age of wireless communication, would you still love to write down a letter to your friend, parents, wife etc and share your true emotions and wishes for them with them? Would you still feel as excited to receive a hand written letter from your loved ones as you feel upon getting an sms or tweet from them? Biggest of all, Will you be eager to write a letter and relive those long lost memories and excitement?

Looking forward to your views!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I would really love to write letters during my school days and now i am e-mailing the wishes to my friends as this will be a perfect substitute for the letter writing as both improves the english knowledge and the way of communicating to a person depending on the occasion.

But still writing letters would be my preference even though if it is about the time it gets to the said person or the wireless communication as you said. Because writing letter comprises of the way we write, still now my grand parents shows me the letter written by my father to them (during my father's college days) and my grand parents explains about the letter ie., the way my father has expressed his communication and his hand writing style. So this makes me to feel that why wasn't i writing letters instead of messaging and e-mailing.

Top Bottom