Your Next Car?

Thread Starter #1
We know we live cars all our life than we show interest in our family or work or anything for that matter.

We start looking for like-minded people who is into cars and leave everything aside even if the company you work for falls down tomorrow.

Yes we do get called by name Mechanic or Car guy by non petrol-heads who unfortunately are huge in numbers than us wolves.

Enough of our rants and complaints about the world, we do always dream about our next cars when we sleep, daydream, eat and at times of leisure.

So I'm starting this thread to have our plans revealed for our next car here and surprise the rest of your world later.

You can discuss anything about your next car here, seek suggestions but be very brief as we have dedicated sections for each topics.

My Next car:

I'm contemplating to buy a 4WD along with 5+ seater in two years time or immediately if gods wishes to pour 10 lakhs feeling pity about my poor state.

Since we already have a Vista doing it's duty very well, there comes a need for me to own a vehicle which should be able to go anywhere as Travelling is my primary part of interest and 4WD as my travelling mostly includes ghats, Non existent roads and the likes of it, need to be a decent highway car too.

Why 5+ seater is because I do carry 5+ people most times, no issues about the space but it should be all front facing seats.

So this is how my current needs are and my options which is perfect is the Scorpio and Fortuner only. (XUV maybe), all from Used market.

Why Fortuner is because of the proven reliability, easy on maintenance, good resale value; therefore to get a decent deal, I have to spend around 15 lakhs for which My dad would better throw me out.

XUV AWD seems good but I don't really have much of preference and hunting for a good used one is always questionable in this regard.

I can think of Thar, but it the side facing rear seats isn't where my friends, colleagues and parents hate to sit.

So it's going to be the used Scorpio 4WD within 10 lakhs Range, why this?
Proven for ruggedness, best suited for Indian driving conditions, Maintenance on PAR.
The only grouse is that the vehicle has unwanted body roll at highways where the speeding should be limited.

Can anybody suggest if the 4WD can be retro-fitted in a 2WD scorpio from factory?
As I saw one of my FB friend who's done to his Scorpio DX vrsion, also what would be it's cost?

I plan to purchase a basic one within 5 or 6 lakhs (VLX variants), strip off the side cladding, and retro fit the 4WD system and start ruling the roads.

This is a dilemma for sure. First question that comes to my mind is, should I have a car at all? The amount of app based cars that are running as well as rental cars available, the need for a car for daily use and pleasure drive , is not the way, it used to be before.
Let us say, we only take the car for an ownership pleasure. In that case, is it alright to go for a fossil fueled car? What example are we setting to the future generations? Tesla is a long decade away for real Indian operations. So, keeping all these constraints if we come to an automobile that runs on fossil fuel, I go crazy, thinking should we go for a bigger car or a smaller car, due to the shrinking roads (roads are taken over by metros and business establishments). Considering , my experience , where I went from Swift to a Celerio, I will say ,that was a big mistake.But, I am not intending to go for a 4 meter Sedan or SUV, just for the ownership comfort. I would prefer an open jeep for the feeling of ownership , as of now. So, my post here is incomplete. I would like to see other's inputs for the future.

@Viswas ji, After a lot of thinking,my two cents about your idea, is that customization on a Scorpio is not recommended as the money you put in will not provide much ROI. Instead, you can buy a new 4X4 Bolero , at that price.

I would love to own Kite5 if I upgrade in future. I am really loving the pre launch reviews. The car looks promising to me. The looks of the car is awesome too.

Thread Starter #5
This is a dilemma for sure. First question that comes to my mind is, should I have a car at all? The amount of app based cars that are running as well as rental cars available, the need for a car for daily use and pleasure drive , is not the way, it used to be before.
4 meter Sedan or SUV, just for the ownership comfort. I would prefer an open jeep for the feeling of ownership , as of now. So, my post here is incomplete. I would like to see other's inputs for the future.
Quite right, but chill off, yes we dream of our next cars everyday if our soul's unsatisfied!

@Viswas ji, After a lot of thinking,my two cents about your idea, is that customization on a Scorpio is not recommended as the money you put in will not provide much ROI. Instead, you can buy a new 4X4 Bolero , at that price.
Acknowledge the fact and which is why I decided to select with cars which is below 5 lakhs so for the rest of budget I could use for modifications and rest for the maintenance.

The new Bolero 4x4 is available only in LX variant with DI engine which is obviously out of my list and this DI is offered only in BS III version which means I cannot register in my city. Also the DI engine doesn't do well in highways and Non CRDE which means it has to be driven daily or very frequently.

So a bit of Story.

I had preowned Hyundai Santro, and I used it for around 9 years still got decent resale value.
Our replacement was Tata Manza Quadrajet, was fed up of as the first year of ownership was full of trouble. I was confused why people buy Tata again, but now I too own 2 Tata's in my garage.

Coming to the topic :

My Manza is going to be 5 years old so thinking of replacing it with Tata Hexa or Tata Nexon.
I was thinking of Tata Nexon but dad is like Tata Hexa. [:D]

We know we live cars all our life than we show interest in our family or work or anything for that matter.

We start looking for like-minded people who is into cars and leave everything aside even if the company you work for falls down tomorrow.

Yes we do get called by name Mechanic or Car guy by non petrol-heads who unfortunately are huge in numbers than us wolves.

Enough of our rants and complaints about the world, we do always dream about our next cars when we sleep, daydream, eat and at times of leisure.

So I'm starting this thread to have our plans revealed for our next car here and surprise the rest of your world later.

You can discuss anything about your next car here, seek suggestions but be very brief as we have dedicated sections for each topics.

My Next car:

I'm contemplating to buy a 4WD along with 5+ seater in two years time or immediately if gods wishes to pour 10 lakhs feeling pity about my poor state.

Since we already have a Vista doing it's duty very well, there comes a need for me to own a vehicle which should be able to go anywhere as Travelling is my primary part of interest and 4WD as my travelling mostly includes ghats, Non existent roads and the likes of it, need to be a decent highway car too.

Why 5+ seater is because I do carry 5+ people most times, no issues about the space but it should be all front facing seats.

So this is how my current needs are and my options which is perfect is the Scorpio and Fortuner only. (XUV maybe), all from Used market.

Why Fortuner is because of the proven reliability, easy on maintenance, good resale value; therefore to get a decent deal, I have to spend around 15 lakhs for which My dad would better throw me out.

XUV AWD seems good but I don't really have much of preference and hunting for a good used one is always questionable in this regard.

I can think of Thar, but it the side facing rear seats isn't where my friends, colleagues and parents hate to sit.

So it's going to be the used Scorpio 4WD within 10 lakhs Range, why this?
Proven for ruggedness, best suited for Indian driving conditions, Maintenance on PAR.
The only grouse is that the vehicle has unwanted body roll at highways where the speeding should be limited.

Can anybody suggest if the 4WD can be retro-fitted in a 2WD scorpio from factory?
As I saw one of my FB friend who's done to his Scorpio DX vrsion, also what would be it's cost?

I plan to purchase a basic one within 5 or 6 lakhs (VLX variants), strip off the side cladding, and retro fit the 4WD system and start ruling the roads.
I am currently trying to put my suzuki maruti back on the road after it has been parked for some time now. My next car may be a toyota starlet, honda integra or a levin. I could purchase one of those now but being a student, I am trying to find the cheapest option, with the best fuel economy, and I have come to the conclusion just to continue use the maruti 800.

As generalmax said, days for ownership pleasure gone, number of cars and traffic increased but the infrastructure same, irresponsible drivers take away your driving pleasure. Even on high ways awkward attitude by irresponsible drivers zoom past between two cars. Speeds increased no one cares for lives just zooming on guessing. Who follows traffic rules and speed limits are fools in their opinion. So I want to use luxury public transport and locally want to use local luxury Cabs, its my opinion. In case if l settle in leisure country side I will buy next gen suzuki grand vitara not breeza, being a petrol head can not accommodate diesels.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
The only babe whom I go close to, book her and cancel her for a reason or two. The benchmark which is further shifted up - Skoda Superb TSi

Seriously guys, I have booked this car thrice and every time I booked it; either I got an awesome investment opportunity or business opportunity to multiply the sum more than thrice. In other words, booking it itself is resulting in massive progress, I don't know what will happen after I finally bring one home :biggrin:

Note: I went to Endy in the mid but Superb is Superb; I can live with low GC, Skoda A.S.S., big size and every flaw it has but I need it. It is worth all the pain it comes with after all.

Additionally I need an SUV too (No crossovers, Superb is a must) and that can be any small 5 seater 4X4, maybe the Duster itself; that is enough for me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Seriously guys, I have booked this car thrice and every time I booked it; either I got an awesome investment opportunity or business opportunity to multiply the sum more than thrice. In other words, booking it itself is resulting in massive progress, I don't know what will happen after I finally bring one home :biggrin:
Quite a Businessman [thumbsup]. Friend to tell you, it's a wise choice making investments and making your future better, but there's some-time to be given to your interests too!

Quite a Businessman [thumbsup]. Friend to tell you, it's a wise choice making investments and making your future better, but there's some-time to be given to your interests too!
After a failed attempt last year to get back to student life (Good CAT score but couldn't get an elite college), I am working hard this time on the entire skillset so that I can get back to student life again for second innings - which will end with PhD or Post Doctral any ways. For this term, I would prefer a moderately strong set of two wheels; something like a Ninja 650 or some 400-500 cc one.

I owned an all new Fiesta 2011 and driven it until met with an accident in 2015. Replaced it with another All new Fiesta in 2015 Aug and drove 10000 kms in 40 days.
Somehow the thought of driving a powerful petrol automatic kept lingering in my mind and one fine day (!) I sold the Fiesta and bought myself a Vento Tsi. I did every mod available, changed to paddle shifters, used 195/60, 205/55 and stock 185/60 for 10000 kms each and still not happy. Every time I start the car, I have a feeling that I have moved away from automobile Nirvana the Fiesta provides.
I own a Duster 4WD ( 50000kms in 13 months) and none of these celebrated cars can come anywhere close to the driving experience Fiesta offered. I wish I never owned a Fiesta and it would have been easier to drive other cars without any comparison. With every passing day I curse my decision to sell the Fiesta.
Sad part is it is not available anymore and I have to wait for the next best Sedan from Ford with optimism. I prepared to wait until then I'll live with second best from others.

An excellent thread @Vishwas.

Now for my wish list, (if wishes could be horses? Here goes)

Nexon AMT, with a ball park of 9/10L, am sure it would be a hoot with either 1.2 revtron or the new 1.5 Turbo diesel.

I'm throughly hooked to my Nano XTA, I call it a 'nimble mountain goat' just aim and shoot.

Nexon with it's stunning coupe styling, compact dimensions and 3 tone color scheme will be my next whip.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Mee too Looking forward to a decent 4x4. Probably used to get a crack and mild offroading and visiting uncharted Territory.

Top Bottom