Union Budget 2016 - 2017: Discussions

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The Indian government has made some minor but key changes in duties, allowing a greater push to local manufacturing by making import of full accessories expensive

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today presented Union Budget 2016-17 in Parliament today. As expected, the minister announced several measures to push local manufacturing in India. The government has proposed to make import of accessories such as wired headsets and speakers and battery expensive whilst concessions on importing inputs, parts and components, subparts for local assembling or manufacturing. End user products such as batteries, chargers, set top boxes and laptops come under the purview of the new efforts.

Duty on import of parts and components, subparts for manufacturing of broadband Modems, Set-top boxes for Internet, set top boxes, digital video recorder (DVR) /network video recorder (NVR), CCTV camera / IP camera, lithium ion battery (other than those for mobile phones) has been removed. While BCD on E-Readers has been increased, BCD on parts of e-readers has been decreased to 5 percent.

Read more: Union Budget 2016-17: Prices of mobile phones, tablets and laptops likely to go up | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

HI,
I have booked BALENO 1.2 , expected delivery date in 3rd week March 2016. Govt imposed 1% cess on such petrol cars. Do you have any idea how its going to affect my purchase. How much prise will increase on 7.05L of my car

Thanks,
Vikas

Top Bottom