Conman Buys Car on Fake DD. Locate/Identify Him!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Please have a good look on this old chap who conveniently conned a FORD dealership in Rajasthan and drove away in a new Ecosport by giving a FAKE DEMAND DRAFT. Though this man looks old in age, but his brain works faster than maybe even Chacha Chaudhary. An official complaint (FIR) has been done by the concerned dealer in this regards. Requesting members to keep a close eye and identify or locate this thief. Every time he takes the delivery with a new name and a fake ID. His real name is still unknown and he is active in this theft largely in Rajasthan, Haryana and Punjab.

Am6ZFazuMlSBPoSIprmzHNXg4GNMoHzRDJF6lhUsUyv.jpg

AtUMOGAcbMWNnfgKIJxkiIgvlxzeW_lvnoUnYA6yFG.jpg

For any details you may click this link

PS: I would also like to understand under such circumstances, does mere profiling of the customer does any good? Are there any other fool-proof ways by which the dealer can be 100% sure that the client/customer is not bluffing about the payment? The thief in the pic is relatively aged guy and seems a pro in his job. After this incident, how are genuine buyers going to be dealt by dealers? A Bank's Demand Draft is a valid mode of payment however, idiots like the one above has forged even that due to which the dealers in future may even reject/decline accepting DD's as payment mode from other customers too. What do you all think of this issue?

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
LOL the way that guy is dressed with a bag hanging on the side it reminds me of people who wait at the bus stand & asking for lift. He doesnt even have the look of a farmer.(not degrading anyone but had to be candidly honest)

Either this guy is a pawn for someone who plans the scam or this guy is a retired bank employee or with some financial history.

Last edited:
Will agree with @prads on the looks part. Neither this guy looks like any professional nor he looks like a farmer who just got dollops of money out of land acquisition. Maybe he would have got a couple of fake passbooks of government banks showing big enough numbers that even the sales team at the dealership may also have got out of senses.

Rest it's the dealership sales team which is at complete fault. How they gave the car until the DD was encashed? Desparate measures to sell the car as soon as possible? Old man showed an innocent face and these guys have accepted the same.

BTW I also went to check out Polo on a P220 directly out of bed in a pajama, sleepers etc with a bag about 1/4th the size this man has got. Still the dealership SE was courteous and answered all my questions. In fact he even got ready to take me to yard right then. Came home, bathed and then went back for final formalities though. Although I paid more than 70% in cash (the bag in hand) but I can surely say that at the back end they still thoroughly counted and checked it all because they took more than an hour just to confirm the amount. Why mention this? Well, here is a dealer who is alert enough to thoroughly check even the cash in hand for if everything is okay and there is one who is delivering the cars on DDs' without even getting them encashed.

Last edited:

Top Bottom