Spicejet Cheats For Issuing Boarding Pass. Took Hands Off Responsibility

Thread Starter #1
Guys, urgent help needed, my cousin was to travel from hyderabad to ahmedabad two hours back and she was standing on the que of spicejet airlines counter to get her boarding pass,and all of a sudden they announced that its 45 mins left so closing counters and no more passengers would be allowed.She even requested to carry her baggage as hand baggage but was denied.Later on she was given another flight for tomorrow to ahmedabad and then they denied for the same as well.Asked her to buy new tickets if she want to.Nothing else would be done.
What shall be needed, she was to attend a wedding here and was travelling for the same today.Its urgent please pour in your help so can revert back.
I have mailed their support team but no response from them, also their helpline number as always didnot help much then asking to mail their team about the same issue.

re: Urgent spicejet cheats for issuing boarding pass, took hands off responsibility

Sirji this is impossible or sheer rudeness at the end of Spicejet team. There will be CCTV footage to prove her presence at right time and hence you need not to talk to them and file a case. BTW hadn't she done web check in?
Recently I flew to Chennai with Spice (I am strict Air India or Vistara customer though), the flight departure time was 6:35 and I collected my boarding pass at 6:00 am and my partner at 6:05 am during final call. So denying boarding pass 45 minutes before the departure is something unacceptable.

BTW she took an another flight to Ahmedabad then?

re: Urgent spicejet cheats for issuing boarding pass, took hands off responsibility

Silly reasons to refuse..Is this a new strategy of Airlines to accommodate those who bought tickets for a higher price one or two hours before the flight takes off?? Best way to accommodate them is to offload someone who booked at a cheaper price?? And offer the victim some other flight at an uncomfortable time...

Thread Starter #4

Sirji this is impossible or sheer rudeness at the end of Spicejet team. There will be CCTV footage to prove her presence at right time and hence you need not to talk to them and file a case. BTW hadn't she done web check in?
Recently I flew to Chennai with Spice (I am strict Air India or Vistara customer though), the flight departure time was 6:35 and I collected my boarding pass at 6:00 am and my partner at 6:05 am during final call. So denying boarding pass 45 minutes before the departure is something unacceptable.

BTW she took an another flight to Ahmedabad then?
That is what, i am getting in touch with the consumer forum for sure.
No availability of flights now and for weekend morrow basic fares are reaching 20K.

Silly reasons to refuse..Is this a new strategy of Airlines to accommodate those who bought tickets for a higher price one or two hours before the flight takes off?? Best way to accommodate them is to offload someone who booked at a cheaper price?? And offer the victim some other flight at an uncomfortable time...
Exactly the thing happened, offloaded people to booked earlier and now make them victim of higher fares.But still this is not i am going to accept.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Guys, urgent help needed, my cousin was to travel from hyderabad to ahmedabad two hours back and she was standing on the que of spicejet airlines counter to get her boarding pass,and all of a sudden they announced that its 45 mins left so closing counters and no more passengers would be allowed.She even requested to carry her baggage as hand baggage but was denied.Later on she was given another flight for tomorrow to ahmedabad and then they denied for the same as well.Asked her to buy new tickets if she want to.Nothing else would be done.
What shall be needed, she was to attend a wedding here and was travelling for the same today.Its urgent please pour in your help so can revert back.
I have mailed their support team but no response from them, also their helpline number as always didnot help much then asking to mail their team about the same issue.
Hi Vijay, Sorry for the unfortunate incident. Your incident simply shows that in the name of boarding protocol, Spicejet is minting money totally unprofessionally. I too have had bitter experience at Mumbai airport on one occasion with Spicejet. I have not traveled with them apart from once and have patronized Indigo. In your case, it is to be complained to their main office that why on second occasion was the flight not provided to your cousin? As per boarding rules, the boarding gates close 40-45 minutes prior to boarding. It is sheer inefficiency of the staff! In your case, asking for refund won't be easy and as Vipul also mentioned, CCTV footage shall be of help. All these spicejet nincompoops need to be professional in their approach otherwise, it would be soon taken off the airlines list by travelers as it is its in financial mess.

Recently, my younger brother flew to Pune from Delhi by night flight of Spicejet, he got a message, stating flight details and extra charges would be levied in case he needs any preferential seat. In general cases, only extra legroom i.e seats located on wings exit are charge premium but Spicejet is charging on every darn seat![anger] Shameful and Ridiculous!

If it helps, here is the address of Spicejet's office and phone number. Give them a call with immediate effect. In case you need assistance do let me know!

Address: 319, Phase V, Sector 19, Gurgaon, Haryana 122016
Phone:098718 03333

Also, just a tip! In case one is flying with cabin luggage only, its better to login and take the boarding card print at home itself. Saves lot of time and hassles.

Regards

Akash

PS: Vijay, Edit the Thread Title and add "Spicejet" s name to it for better clarity. Let the people know about their unethical attitude and if possible get in touch with Akosha!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Re: Urgent spicejet cheats for issuing boarding pass, took hands off responsibility

Aakash, thanks buddy i already had a word on this number and the reply was as i shared earlier, to mail them and no reply from them as expected.
I got a call from my cousin as she was exhausted from all days work at office, standing fighting through out and finally went back home that they asked for 12k for tickets of next day as fare difference.
I am a member of consumer forum here, would get in touch with them and see this gets resolved and refunded with right ways accounting for hassles and extra fares which would be paid for sure.This is sheer cheating from their end and taking their hands off is absolutely not taken.
Guys anyone who knows agents to get good fair for urgent booking for hyderabad to ahmedabad for flights morrow or max by sunday morning, please do let me know.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Urgent spicejet cheats for issuing boarding pass, took hands off responsibility

I got a call from my cousin as she was exhausted from all days work at office, standing fighting through out and finally went back home that they asked for 12k for tickets of next day as fare difference.
Pathetic to the core! If your cousin was in the line for boarding, she has all the rights to get one. Also on what basis did the airlines not allow her on 2nd flight? Typical non-sensible attitude of Spicejet.

I am a member of consumer forum here, would get in touch with them and see this gets resolved and refunded with right ways accounting for hassles and extra fares which would be paid for sure.This is sheer cheating from their end and taking their hands off is absolutely not taken.
Airlines has no right under any circumstance to ask for fare difference or anything if they themselves are unwilling to give boarding pass and committing inconvenience to the customer. Please update us all on the outcome and make sure their incompetent attitude is corrected once and for all.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8

Got a call from the spicejet team regarding the issues happened.Their word is that my cousin was late to reach the counter and so boarding pass was not issues, when i enquired about three other passengers who also were not allowed and were given tickets for next day then why she was not approached and given the same, no answers from them.Will let you know once we check with the airport people there and revert back was the answer.
Approaching consumer forum once she reaches ahmedabad.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

when i enquired about three other passengers who also were not allowed and were given tickets for next day then why she was not approached and given the same, no answers from them.Will let you know once we check with the airport people there and revert back was the answer.
Approaching consumer forum once she reaches ahmedabad.
Vijay, take it from me, this airlines is indeed unprofessional one. They will not revert back with positive feedback. Even if they do revert, they'll show that passenger was at fault. Your idea to approach consumer forum is correct! Let them face the fire!

Regards

Akash

@Vijay:
You need to approach consumer forum as soon as possible and only CCTV footage is a proof you have to prove the presence of your cousin on time. So take care to get the same also from airport (I guess they will provide it only after consumer court passes an order).

The new technology is to over sell.They( Airlines) sell more tickets than what is there in the flight.For eg,if there are 180 seats,they sell 220, keeping in mind of 20% cancellations. Then while during check in, if they find that the seats are filled in they do this.That is they try to post pone your travel or simply say check in time over.

Top Bottom