The TAI-ger Scooter Tour Of India

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys ,

While i was flipping through my Facebook , i came across something which inspired me to post this thread .
It was about the The Great Indian Scooter Tour - Three people , taking their Tvs Jupiter on a Tour For 1465 Kms .

What i would really like to know is can we have a themed tour for TAI-gers in coming days.
We would have no restrictions on whichever gearless two wheeler you want to use , but yes some basic guidelines would be kept for the betterment of the tour .

"The ‪#‎TVSJupiter‬ beat all odds and completed the epic challenge of the travelling from the mean sea level at Mumbai to ‪#‎KhardungLa‬, the highest motorable road in the world. It proved its sturdiness and resilience through all the fiercely challenging terrains and lived up to its promise of ‪#‎ZyadaKaFayda‬. Visit TVS Jupiter - The best 110 cc scooter in its class to read more about ‪#‎TheGreatIndianScooterTour‬. ‪#‎JupiterDiaries‬"

I dont want to be biased and have a tour for only Honda Activa and challenge Jupiter, but i want a tour representing the Pride of Being a TAI-ger . :D

Lets keep this thread open for people to post
1- if they want to go on such a tour or not .
2- what region would they like to tour . (north , south , east or west )
3- most suitable time of the year .
4- Scooter details - company , model , make year ,any special mods which they think will help them :)

waiting for your reply guys :) so that we can plan something soon :)
[clap]

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would absolutely love such tours.

1. he'll yess!

2. central India is best. please don't plan south or utter north. I can't drive 1000km on scooters in the First go.

3. Winters are best. nicely snuggled up in protective gear and jackets.

4. honda activa 2008. modified with better headlight.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
I would absolutely love such tours.

1. he'll yess!

2. central India is best. please don't plan south or utter north. I can't drive 1000km on scooters in the First go.

3. Winters are best. nicely snuggled up in protective gear and jackets.

4. honda activa 2008. modified with better headlight.

Hey Thanks Bhvm .
It was nice to see you so enthusiastic about this trip . But i guess only the two of us cannot tour . We need atleast a few more people to effectively make a good tour .
I dont know why but i dont see much of a response to this thread .

Since i live in delhi and travel mostly in the north part of india , even i would love to explore the central india , maybe some places in gujrat and madhyapradesh .

I myself have an activa 2013 model , fitted with aftermarket led projectior , amaron battery , and have a new spare tire lying around .

Rest i drove once from rajpura to delhi on my activa and took me around 5 hours to reach delhi . But I literally gave up after that , i know it will be difficult but i guess we would have to manage it with good pit stops :D , food and etc etc : P

bhvm

Honoured Member
hello jsk.
yes we have to wait for more response. Atleast 10.people will make a nice group. riding solo on scooters gets very boring and tiring after some time.

last Sunday, I visited a tourist spots with my wife on scooter (I'm totally a car guy )and it's a nice change. however I do feel for trips over 200km, proper planning, safety and medical Assistance is required.

I live in central Maharashtra, I would love to drive up to Gujarat or mp or rajasthan if a trip is being organized.

I think I remember your activa, it's with 2 silver Led projectors right?

This tour sounds great Buddy. Hell yes I want to be a part of this tour with my Aviator DLX. And we can plan it in such a way that many members can get their rides and assemble up for a tour. I have a small idea. Why don't we appoint reps(Responsible and a great organizer) from all 4 parts of our country select 4 destinations in the 4 parts of our country and tour to that destination and enjoy! That'd sound great. Otherwise we have to keep a common organising point which is also a tough job. Do pour out your ideas and we can see which one falls the best.

Thread Starter #6
hello jsk.
yes we have to wait for more response. Atleast 10.people will make a nice group. riding solo on scooters gets very boring and tiring after some time.

last Sunday, I visited a tourist spots with my wife on scooter (I'm totally a car guy )and it's a nice change. however I do feel for trips over 200km, proper planning, safety and medical Assistance is required.

I live in central Maharashtra, I would love to drive up to Gujarat or mp or rajasthan if a trip is being organized.

I think I remember your activa, it's with 2 silver Led projectors right?
This tour sounds great Buddy. Hell yes I want to be a part of this tour with my Aviator DLX. And we can plan it in such a way that many members can get their rides and assemble up for a tour. I have a small idea. Why don't we appoint reps(Responsible and a great organizer) from all 4 parts of our country select 4 destinations in the 4 parts of our country and tour to that destination and enjoy! That'd sound great. Otherwise we have to keep a common organizing point which is also a tough job. Do pour out your ideas and we can see which one falls the best.

Hey bhvm ,
As far as i remember i havent posted a pic of my activa yet . and since i am out of town these days , i will do so as soon as i reach back .

but yes even i am interested in going to places such as Gujarat or Rajasthan .

Hey Aniruthan ,
Thanks for the enthusiastic response . this hell yeah clause really pumps me up to work harder for this tour .
what i thought was , for eg if we have like 12 people in our tour , maybe some of them would be from one town , but not possible that everyone is , so we select a place that is a midpoint ( not exact ) from everyone's location , in such way we could have people pair up and drive to the destination :) .

But even your idea has got some punch . once we get all the participating members ,we can then decide on random chit system or vote system to make these reps , so that the rep can co-ordinate for the tour with his army :D

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I liked the idea of mid point. I am ready to do 250-350km solo for reaching the mid point, plus Further 500-800km worth of trip.

due to the chit- leader system, some people will get lucky but others will have to do 400+ km for getting to point. this could discourage many. that's my honest thinking.

the rann of kutch festival is coming up this December.

Thread Starter #8
yes this is a good time , December to drive around 800-900 kms , one side , and yes this rann of kutch , is a good idea for making the first trip . :D

Thread Starter #10
Guys, can a Pulsar 220 or 200NS from New Delhi also join the Scooter tour?
Hey Vipul , You are MOST WELCOME SIR [:D]

Its great pleasure to see a honoured member to ask to join for the tour .
Also , sir this was just a concept for the scooter tour , we could change it from scooter tour to two wheeler tour , or some more catchy name .
Indeed i am no one to stop anyone from entering a tour .
while i was also browsing through the developments in india i was also wondering if we could use support a social cause with our tour . [clap]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Certainly!
I'd love to meet Mr.Vipul in person.

And yes, Owing to poor rainfall in our region we could highlight the water saving message or some other social message. But I'd feel its better to escape such message and focus on the rides only!

Can a person with RE classic 350 also join. If yes would love to do it though it would be somewhere around 1800 Kms ride one way for me however would like to meet people from TAI

bhvm

Honoured Member
oh why not?
we can convert this scooter tour to universal 2 wheeler tour.

however the high performance of Re and other high end bikes will leave us poor scooter owners far behind.

Don't worry bro ,we can drive slow that ways it will be good to test our endurance. BTW we are meeting to celebrate the brotherhood, what's the fun in revving fast and leaving the brothers behind. Its good to go in a herd and let our presence be felt.

Last edited:

Top Bottom