Drive Without Borders in India - Support the Petition!

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI-gers,

I recently came across this petition online and could think of no better place to post it than a community where we love our vehicles and driving. A community which frequently indulges in the pleasure of being one with our machines as we ply long - often dangerous - journeys across the nation.

As a result, I'm sure many of you will be familiar with the current situation of road tax in our country. I won't spend long explaining it here as the petition explains it rather well!

I'd like to encourage you - especially those who often relocate homes within the country - to read through this and add your name if you find it appealing!

https://www.change.org/p/union-transport-minister-drive-without-borders-one-nation-one-road-tax

Final note: This is in no way meant to be a politically affiliated/biased petition.

Thread Starter #4
I'm glad to hear that and yes, I actually heard about that show and loved the initiative!

I'd be glad to, but I believe you inadvertently sent me the Facebook group instead. [;)]

I'm glad to hear that and yes, I actually heard about that show and loved the initiative!

I'd be glad to, but I believe you inadvertently sent me the Facebook group instead. [;)]
Sorry for that.Any way since I had sent that, join the group!.You can see why people are fighting for this cause. [:D]

@All- Please do sign this petition.
Done. USA has reached pluto (almost), and here we are signing petitions and asking our govt to remove these heavy taxes and reduce our burden so that we could travel from one state to another. Why do we have to do that?
It's a shame that govt continues to loot. And what does one get in return on paying these taxes? Just a permit to drive in another state within our country?
Pardon me, but I've been reading another thread (not in TAI) and see that people are traveling various countries via road (obviously with permits and visas in place) but they achieved it. Why has our Govt made things so difficult? Why can't things be simplified?
These are questions that my mind keeps asking.
Anyways, I support the cause and have signed the petition. Lets see what the outcome is.

The issue has manifested itself in this manner in our country because the road tax comes under the State list and the states are at liberty to make their own motor laws.
Some governments in an attempt to increase their revenues have enacted laws to force people to pay hefty fees. Some state governments are not even leaving the Central Government employees who have transferrable jobs.
Irony is that even though high taxes are charged, the roads are not of high quality. That's a real tragedy. Hope the situation will change soon. One India Road tax is a great idea. (like GST).

Top Bottom