IRRITATING Messages on Phone - Please Help!

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I purchased this new Vodafone number a month back. Though I am very happy with their network coverage & service, the thing that frustrates me is this constant messages that I keep receiving from day 1.

It is sent from "TD-PL-TECH" & it reads something like -

Global Indices
SGX Nifty : 5500 +16
Nikkei : 9097 +34
blah blah blah

OR

PL BTST
LANCO INFRA 70.75
blah blah blah
Is this something related to the stock market? I have not subscribed to anything like this.

Also, I have registered for DND service but to no avail. These messages keep coming. The problem is, atleast 8-10 such messages are sent everyday!!! I am totally tired of reading this.

I even called Vodafone helpline but even they suggested to activate DND which I have already done. Apart from that, they cannot help me in any ways.

One thing I would like to point out is that maybe this number belonged to some Mr. Nachiket before it came to me. I keep getting calls for him! So I presume he must have subscribed for such messages.

Now, how do I get rid of this? Any suggestion guys?

Aargh, I get several such messages everyday. Of the 240 odd messages i n my Inbox, 234 of which are these! Please help me too. Mine is an Airtel Postpaid, and I'm generally too lazy to find a solution.

What response you are getting while sending sms for activating DND? Try calling 1909 to activate DND. It'll take 45 days to get activated after you gave your first request.

Till then, you've to live with those sms.:biggrin:

AMG

Suspended
Well, buddy there is a joke going around on the internet.

A: These telemarketing SMS are driving me crazy
B: You have not registered yourself on DND, have you?
A: Yes I have
B: Thats why you are getting these calls
A: Why is that?
B: From where do you think the telemarketing people get their list of whom to call? [lol]

Now it sounds so true. [thinking]

Even I have registered and continue to get these messages.
The only way left is go to the court.

@Rajeev- Try activating DND.
BTW these are global stoc indices. The first one. I too get the stock indices message but i have subscribed to that so no probs. Actually informative.

@raj . Type START DND in message and sent to 1909 .

DND stands for (do not disturb ) the maximum time for activating the DND service is 45 days but it will be activated within one week . 1909 number goes to TRAI from where the telephone operators will be instructed to start the DND SERVICE for the particular number .
you have a disadvantage in this service after activating you wont get any full talk time offer or any thing like that .

Hmmm... sounds weird.
Fortunately, i get all the cricket score updates in the BSNL. [lol] Whenever match happens. Whatever the nation may be.

Raj dude,
Better find that nachiket and finish him. [evil]

Thread Starter #11
What response you are getting while sending sms for activating DND? Try calling 1909 to activate DND. It'll take 45 days to get activated after you gave your first request.

Till then, you've to live with those sms.:biggrin:
@Rajeev- Try activating DND.
BTW these are global stoc indices. The first one. I too get the stock indices message but i have subscribed to that so no probs. Actually informative.
@raj . Type START DND in message and sent to 1909 .

DND stands for (do not disturb ) the maximum time for activating the DND service is 45 days but it will be activated within one week . 1909 number goes to TRAI from where the telephone operators will be instructed to start the DND SERVICE for the particular number .
you have a disadvantage in this service after activating you wont get any full talk time offer or any thing like that .
Does anyone in this forum even bother to read the posts?[frustration]
Thanks AMG!

Guys, i have already activated the DND service.

@ Akash: buddy, if you have subscribed to it, you would also know how to unsubcribe, right?

That is sad news but i think even in Airtel, I used to get like 5-6 SMSs a day. Over here, there is a strict rule that only max 2 SMS from operator can be sent.

Top Bottom