Pathetic Hathway Internet Service (Not Anymore!)

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just a heads up for you guys. Don't go for hathway services. I am fed up with their service.

They have 50 mbps 20gb fup plan for 3k for 3 months. Shouldn't have disconnected my airtel wifi. Though expensive but airtel worked everytime.

Check the screenshots of how many complaints i have made. You won't believe my phone's bill increased just by calling their customer support. It takes avergae of 6-10 minutes waiting time to talk to them and 5-10 minutes more of registering complaints. All they do is register complaints.

I was a fool to renew there services 3 days back. Internet seemed to be working but just after payment they deactivated my account , when i asked to activate it just worked for a day and for 2 days i am not getting internet connection. Why ?

Because i can't login. They say connection is alright. Even the modem lights are working as they are supposed to but no connectivity.

Only their hathway website works.

When i try to login it just shows wrong account and password, when i click on forgot password i have to add the username and the first name (my name) to get the password reset page. But all this in vain. After this a page opens with some links but not the password reset page. It opened when they told me how to reactivate the account.

All links that i try to open show 404 error.

Their customer support just note down the complaints and nobody ever visits my home to even look at the problem. I just get a message issue is resolved.

I am really thinking of suing this pathetic company for harrasing like this. I haven't attached 3 complaints number which i just registered with them.

Ps : my vodafone internet fup is already 70% used. Just beware guys.

Attachments

Last edited:
re: Pathetic HATHWAY Internet Service,Not Anymore!

@AHC:
That's quite a number of complains. I'd say that you have got trapped in the "cheap thing lasts the way its priced". We have used BSNL before head and now Airtel for all the purposes (complete office and all) and we are more than happy with them. Even BSNL also never gave problems but Airtel is just awesome when it comes to connectivity, speed and service.

Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@krsihna and vipul - they just started their services when i opted for it. I thought there must be some problems initially but not this much.

The persons at customer care only knows to check the connection and reset if there's any problem and nothing else.

I sent na email at delteam@hathway.net to disconnect my connection. This is there technical department and a lady called me today and within 2 minutes the problem got solved.

She just updated the software and i could login via resetting my password. She herslef removed the login option and now i sincerely hope don't have much problems.

And believe me the speed is just awesome so that's one reason i don't want disconnection.

I opted for 50 mbps , 30gb @4100 rs including tax for 3 months.

And airtel is offering 8 mbps 30 gb @ 1749rs excluing tax for 1 month.

For now the connection is fine :p

I swear these are nothing compared to the number of complaints I have filed in last 14 days.. more than 20 for sure.
Finally I contacted delteam@hathway .net to refund the rest of the money. (I have used net for just 14 days, asking my 2 months fee back).
What and how did they update your system. Please share.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I swear these are nothing compared to the number of complaints I have filed in last 14 days.. more than 20 for sure.
Finally I contacted delteam@hathway .net to refund the rest of the money. (I have used net for just 14 days, asking my 2 months fee back).
What and how did they update your system. Please share.
I wasn't able to login in hathway account , the connection was fine.

The lady just told me she has updated a software, i don't know which one and she removed the login page option [:D]

After these complaints it has improved. Sometimes the connection loses for 2-3 seconds and come back.

What problem are you facing ?

Ps : they called me after seeing this thread [:D] i didn't write this anywhere but here and the person called me 2 days to confirm if the internet is working or not[thumbsup]

Last edited:

AHC, i have heard similar issues with their broadband facility.It works charm when it does and if some issues crops up they are not prompt to resolve it and days goes by to get the connection working again.
What i have heard from their executive is that they are still working on with expansion of their network with not as much of employees to resolve the problem faced at earliest.

Thread Starter #10

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The call center guys don't have much knowledge. I emailed at delteam and they fixed it. There was one more problem. The internet disconnects at exact 10 pm. Happened 2 days , even my mother reported them in twitter so they do fast action ls now [:D]

Stick to Airtel for home connection with Wi-Fi. Expensive but reliable and good speed. Does Hathway even have its own infra? Many providers borrow lines from Airtel I think.

This is so goddamn irritating..I had to write this twice cz of wifi network issue..even their router sucks..
I have speed network every issue..The conection just gets lost every now and then and sometimes for hours.. and when I complain the net automatically gets fine..and the speed reaches around 2mbps(lower than what they claim but fine).Plus their customer care is useless.. I have to wait for minutes to talk to them just to get a complaint filed and wait for 2 3 hours for a call from their "technical department". I regret this decision so much. I mailed them today too.. for refund. And no matter if my net works faster than flash or not, I'll ask for refund.

I wasn't able to login in hathway account , the connection was fine.

The lady just told me she has updated a software, i don't know which one and she removed the login page option [:D]

After these complaints it has improved. Sometimes the connection loses for 2-3 seconds and come back.

What problem are you facing ?

Ps : they called me after seeing this thread [:D] i didn't write this anywhere but here and the person called me 2 days to confirm if the internet is working or not[thumbsup]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Now another issue. Getting just 5mbps as against 50 mbps promised. No connectivity issues though. On contacting they said they are upgrading something.

They have installed huge advertising boards where i live and surrounding areas.

Thread Starter #14

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The service has improved a lot. Wifi is on 24*7 and there's hardly a problem of no connection. Maybe once in 3-4 months.

They have launched an app also in which we can see the usage as well as make service requests.

I called the helpline number for no connectivity and waited 2-3 minutes and hung up. Opened the app , made a service request and in 4 minutes the interent started working. [thumbsup]
Also i paid around 590rs per month ( paid for 18 months) for 50mbps connection and you can check the ss for fup limit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom