How To Travel In Metro Train

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
How To Travel In Metro Train.

Buddies,

In the uncontrollable rise in vehicular traffic in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc, we all have often thought of a feasible alternative to travel and reach our destination on time without much hassle. The invention of the metro train in India has been relatively new and this mode of traveling is really popular as well among the day-to-day commuters at large in respective cities.

Since, I stay in Delhi and have seen the Mumbai metro too which has recently begun, I feel in both cities the rider-ship is immense. Hence, with the frequency of trains being good the large ridership is well accommodated and Metro train has also come up as yet another cost effective measure to travel from one end to the other as not everyone is capable of taking care of a 4 wheeler or even a 2 wheeler. Thus, the metro train turns out to be a pocket friendly mode.

The metro train network is growing day by day and so the people at large have decided to travel in metro trains for long distances instead of wasting fuel, time and efforts and getting stuck in the eternal chakravuyh of the traffic jams. As much as it is a good decision on the part of the commuters seeing the depleting conditions of roads and manifold rise of pollution in the respective city, it is also really important for the commuters to be safe, alert and comfortable at the same time when travelling in a metro train.

In my whole life, ever since the metro has come here in the capital, I have traveled rather very few times in the Delhi Metro i.e once from Nehru Place to Lajpat Nagar and once from Connaught Place to Noida. However, in that short experience I have observed some small things and taking care of which can be really beneficial for the commuters. So, have a look on some humble suggestions of effective way to travel in metro train;

• Do know the route to travel and the time of the train that ply’s on that route and the frequency.

• Students travelling in the metro make sure to keep emergency numbers of the family and concerned authorities handy.

• If the Metro train is full of commuters it is always better to wait for the next one to arrive. Do not try and push inside the already jam-packed coach.

• Beware of pick-pockets and mobile snatchers on the metro trains and stations. This menace in India shall never get addressed no matter how well we develop as a nation. So best is to remain alert.

• Never try to enter a women only coach of the metro train. It is for a purpose that such specific coaches are attached to the train. So respect the same.

• Always provide sitting space to the elderly or even kids. It is one of the most humble gestures anyone can do.

• Do not use ear phones excessively as one is bound to miss important announcement or station announcement.

• Never stand ahead of the de-marketed platform line and do not block the gate of the coach. Let people come out and then you can enter. This is applicable even on simple situations like entering an elevator.

• Always keep the metro ticket or passenger pass safely. Loss of the same can at times lead to uncalled situations.

• Do always have a valid ID Proof with you. I know professionals do have but mainly it’s for women and the college students.

• Never dirty the coaches of the metro by spitting, spilling of beverage or food. Remember, a simple thing, if you are not capable to keep a thing clean then it is better to at-least avoid making it dirty for others as well. Always use the dustbin located at the metro station to dispose-off the glasses and plates.

• One of the most important thing, never enter the metro train if you have had a peg or two. Avoid being seen as a caricature among the passengers.

So, friends, this is just some common observations and some humble views which can be of benefit to all the people who travel or would travel in future in a metro rail.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom