A Lazy Petrol-Head's Lazy Sunday Outing!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi buddies,

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday with a warm sunshine and lazing around. After all Sunday is a day when everyone wants to unwind as per their own will and pace. I am no different either but yes the laziness quotient in me rises or should I say shoots up like anything when it’s a Sunday. Had nothing much to do and as it is saw Shamitabh yesterday so watching another movie was out of question.

Took out my Jet (read City Ivtec) and started for Gurgaon Ambience mall to spend the after noon there. Wandering there seeing new-born babies and cute kids with pink cheeks and couples having a good time in sunshine. All of them had one thing in common i.e the spirit of enjoying the Sunday by doing what they love, i.e eating out, shopping, doing window shopping.

I too was one among them and enjoyed the aura of being a free soul without being nagged by mom or fiancé and just did what I felt like. Being a petrol-head, how can it be possible that my experience of the beautiful Sunday morning cannot find a mention about cars and bikes. So as I took-off from home after having the break-fast and approached DND Flyway, saw a group of geared-up bikers who were out on their regular Sunday ride.

Immediately as soon as I crossed the toll counter, saw some of the most beautiful cruiser and what you call, “Café-Racer” bikes like Indian, Harley, BMW etc just waiting to break-free. Asked one of the biker that was it some type of rally or what, he happily replied, “it’s our regular Sunday meet”. Told them I am a big car fanatic and love to be a part of such outings and would love to have a pic of you all geared up with these awesome bikes to share it with my friends on my forum. So they agreed!!

Photo0387.jpg

After clicking the pic proceeded to my destination, and upon reaching there, the 1st outlet I went inside was the BMW outlet which is located right at the entrance inside the mall. The M-Performance kitted 1 series and 3 Series were parked there. The thing is why do they just have these 2 cars only there, why not a M6 or 7 series! Anyway, a good, kitted performance car is always a welcome sight for a petrol-head.

Photo0388.jpg

Moving ahead, I saw these beautifully made electric ferry cars by Speedway Electric. The Brown colored open Buggy and the Red colored Vintage Royale open car were looking very pleasing to the eyes. Took pics of both of them and to be honest, while clicking them felt like a kid who is so much interested in cars that he doesn't want to leave without touching and seeing them.

Photo0393.jpg

Photo0392.jpg

See friends, all of us do go to these malls and spend time, see things like these cars and really don’t bother much to click them as they are just a ferry car but some of us find these ordinary looking ferry cars extra-ordinary and feel elated when clicking them. I simply believe, we all can feel the specialty even in the most-ordinary looking beautiful things. Don’t really have to create something special always to get noticed. If one believes that an ordinary thing does look special then surely it does for him/her.

Photo0389.jpg

Photo0390.jpg

Photo0391.jpg

All in all, this was one small and hopefully an interesting account of a lazy petrol-head’s Sunday adventure and I hope after reading it you all must be reminded of the most exciting Sunday one would have spent as a petrol head. Come on lets share the most memorable Sunday outings as a car lover by all of you!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom