How You React To Telly Caller / Marketing SMS?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The intent of this thread is to know how one reacts to a telly caller who at odd times calls either for selling a insurance or for a real estate deal. When many of us are in a meeting or driving suddenly an unknown number rings and on picking up we realize that its another telly caller on the other side. Same happens when we get an SMS from an unknown number. How do you all handle such calls/ queries.

What's interesting is that these telly callers/ Marketing agencies are given our personal records which is rather meant to be classified.

In 24 hours, we all may get at-least 3-4 SMS or 2-3 calls which makes us pissed off. Have these calls been ever helpful to you or have you ever purchased a loan/ property just on a phone call?

Is the "Do Not Disturb" registry really effective?

Would love to know your views!

Regards

Akash

Re: How You React To Telly Caller/ Marketing SMS?

How do you all handle such calls/ queries.
Depends on their response.

Case 1:
TC (tel-caller) : Is this Mr.xxx?
Me : Yes, may I know who is speaking?
TC : xxx calling from xxx regarding xxx
Me : Sorry, I'm not interested
TC : Ok, thank you.
Me : Bye, Have nice day [Disconnect]

Case 2:
TC : Sir, let me please explain the details
Me : Sorry, not interested
TC : Ok, thank you.
Me : Bye [Disconnect]

Case 3:
TC : Sir, let me please explain the details
Me : Sorry, not interested
TC : Sir but....
Me : [Disconnect]

Case 4:
TC : Sir, may I know why?
Me : None of your business. [Disconnect]

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies, Today afternoon I received a call for real estate deal, a lady was there on the line!

TC: Hello Sir

Me: Hello, yes

TC: I am calling on behalf of xyz group Noida

Me: Ok yes!

TC: I got a inquiry that you're looking for property?

Me: (With a 5sec pause) Where from you got this inquiry?

TC: From our Data, do you need commercial or private space?

Me: Firstly, who ever gave you this data, is absolutely wrong! Next time if you call then please call with right data.

TC: Can you refer some contacts

Me: Not now.

TC: Thank you! Phone Down!

Now, How can someone unknown judge my needs? How on earth these executives come up with such questions and queries which are 99% wrong/ faulty?

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Well what I am dealing with a certain different kind of situation, in my case I am getting 8-10 messages in a day that includes local retailers or some websites. These are some sort of IDs, that usually start with DM,TM,etc.
When I lodged a complaint to my service provider that Why I am getting such promotional messages even after having facility of 'Do not disturb'?
I didn't got any revert by my so called service provider. All I am left with a option of switching service provider.

This is how I deal with them. I tell them that "if they have managed to find my number then I assume that they have my email too.So whatever offers or queries you wanna discuss kindly email them .Shall revert if necessary.".So far it has worked.

I got a call from a bank for about 2 days continuously i don't want to name the bank but here is the conversation below:

Day 1

The Below conversation was repeated to 5 members who called me and asked me
about the loan for a single bank.

Telecaller : Sir, are you Mr. xxx?
Me : Yes, who is this speaking?
Telecaller : Sir, we are calling from xxx Bank.
Me : What do you need?
Telecaller : Sir, do you need loan?
Me : No, i will approach the bank directly when i am in need of.

Day 2
The same persons asked me about the loan.
Telecaller : Sir, we are calling from xxx bank do you need loan?
Me : Yes, i am very much in need of loan.
Telecaller : Can i know the purpose?
Me : Going to start a business.
Telecaller : How much do you need sir?
Me : I need just Two Crores.
Telecaller : Phone Discontinued.

Believe me, after the second day till now i am not getting any phone calls related to lending of loans from any bank.

Please note that this is not a joke but it really happened.

Thank you

I keep getting SMSs which I ignore.
I don't trouble the phone callers much. I realise that they are doing a job. I talk politely and do my job of telling them I am not interested. Asking where they got my number from is pointless as they will never tell. I do be nice to them and wish them a good day as I know many times people don't respond well to them. They usually don't go ahead and send details on e-mails.
I have once taken medical insurance after getting call from policy bazaar.
Its a good idea to not give one's contact details as far as possible as these move around (including to NGOs you donate to according to some of my friends as the data is shared even when it shouldn't be). Must be anonymous for more privacy.

For the loan callers, I have seen one colleague answer very well.
Loan caller: Sir, I am from XYZ bank. Would you be interested in a loan?
My Colleague: I am really in need of a loan. I have been unemployed for XX months and really need money.
[Disconnected]

I just shoot a email to airtel complaint mail and woah, in 7 days the telemarketer is disconnected

Have a template ready

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ vaibhav - even i was getting a company's promotional messages and at times i used to get 4 msgs a day and i never even visited the site. Called their customer care and never received any messages.

As most others I too receive calls offering loans in pretty voices.

1. If the voice is too sweet, I tell them "not interested, thank you" and cut off before they say a word.
  2. If the voice is sweeter, I ask them details of loan and max loan amount. Then I say, "I have double / triple the money lying around the house in a sack; I want to deposit. Pls ask someone concerned to call me". Generally they cut off now and no one contacts me asking for deposit [evil]
  3. Some calls come at a super wrong time. I don't shout at them; after all this is their way of earning. I simply use "National Do Not Call Registry". They hastily offer apologies and cut off.

Do try Drunken Monkey Voice, if you are in the mood, when the callers are males (they are jolly good guys). What happens is hilarious, decent but you won't be able to publish it here at TAI. I Cannot.

When I was using previous network, I'd registered for DND and yet I did get a call or two where in one call went like this:

Operator: Sir, I'm calling from so and so bank
Me: Okay what is that you need.
Him: You need any loan or any financial services.
Me: I don't need anything as of now, but where did you get my number from?
Him: Cool'y saying that he got from the records which he was given.
Me: I'd registered for DND, then how did you get my number and have it called?
Him: Phone kept.

And this happened on a Sunday afternoon, don't know the plight of short tempered guys [roll] and trust me, this bank is globally known and has a well positioned business in India.

A similar incident happened with my banker too,Here it was a case with the female tele-caller.
After I shot the same question of why you have called even though my number is registered, this is how the conversation went:

She: What can I do sir, it was given in the records and I called you.
Me: Don't you have a list which says such numbers are not supposed to be called and there is a purpose why people register for DND.
She: Sir, we are asked to do finish with these targets.
Me: So I was one of the target for all these.

She kept denying or not even saying sorry for calling and finally.
Me: I'm going to register a complaint with police dept on the company.
Sir: Thank you sir
Me: [confused]

Top Bottom