AirAsia Flight QZ8501 Missing (Update: Found Crashed in Java Sea)

Thread Starter #1
AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore loses contact with air traffic control.
airasia-flight-map-data.png
The airline said the Airbus A320-200 was lost from the radar at 7.24am (local time), after asking to fly higher to avoid clouds.
AirAsia said there were 155 passengers on board, including 16 children and one infant. Also on board were two pilots and five cabin crew.
The airline said there were 149 Indonesian passengers, three South Koreans, one Singaporean, one Malaysian and one Briton.
Six of the crew were Indonesian, the other being from France.
As it happened: AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore loses contact with air traffic control; search halted for day - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

re: AirAsia Flight QZ8501 Missing; Edit:: Found crashed in Java Sea

244B52ED00000578-2888862-image-m-34_1419745381835.jpg
The ill-fated Air Asia QZ8501 aircraft (PK-AXC) that crashed

Unfortunate incident. Air Asia has confirmed that the debris found floating in the Java sea belongs to the Flight QZ8501. 40 dead bodies have been recovered so far!
A very saddening accident. May the departed souls RIP[cry].

Link to more information about the crash: Missing AirAsia Plane Found: Debris from QZ8501 that Crashed, Bodies Spotted

Image Source: Wikipedia

Last edited:
that's sad news. has the black box investigation started. what does it say. let the souls RIP.
They are yet to find the black box. Currently, they seem to be concentrating on finding the dead bodies. The only relief is that they could manage to find the aircraft unlike the mysterious case of Flight MH370 which gave media a chance to associate stupid disappearance theories with the ill fated Air Asia flight as well.
I feel sorry for the relative of the passengers and crew on board, who are facing this crisis! May god give them the strength to bear the loss!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The only relief is that they could manage to find the aircraft unlike the mysterious case of Flight MH370 which gave media a chance to associate stupid disappearance theories with the ill fated Air Asia flight as well.
I just now saw a news report on a channel that illustrated by a video graphics the possibility of the Air Asia flight being caught up in storm and was unable to come out of it. Hence, crashed. My dad said, once the flight gets caught in the center of a storm, chances of it coming out are negligible.

Regards

Akash

I just now saw a news report on a channel that illustrated by a video graphics the possibility of the Air Asia flight being caught up in storm and was unable to come out of it. Hence, crashed. My dad said, once the flight gets caught in the center of a storm, chances of it coming out are negligible.

Regards

Akash
Indeed. Also there has been some mention about the speed getting too slow due to the stormy conditions which might have led to a stall. I am pretty sure the Pilot/Co-pilot must have tried their best to come out of the crisis they were facing.

EDIT: Just saw the news that an AirAsia flight overshot the runway at Philippines airport. Hope everything is fine there.

Top Bottom