What Languages Do You Speak?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Recently as we were discussing languages in another thread, I think it will be interesting to talk about the different languages that we can speak and understand, considering that most of us belong to different parts of the globe. Starting off, Japanese has always interested me for some reason. Anyone else?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I can speak the following languages fluently:(in cronological order)
Hindi
Punjabi
English
I can also understand Gujarati (not fully but most of it!!)

Excellent Thread 350Z.

I speak/understand/write (~100%)-
Hindi
English
Maithili [:)] (My mother tongue)

I understand a bit (<25%)
Kannada
Bengali
Punjabi

Aware of - (<10%)
Tamil
Norwegian

Mostly, I can make out if a person speaking English is American or European or English or Scottish or Russian or Indian[:D] etc.

Hi Vibhor, will it be nice idea to add a poll (with an option to select multiple options) to this thread!

I speak: Malayalam, Hindi, English, little bit of Tamil (50%) , Gujarathi (10%), Maratti (15%) and Danish (25%) as well [thumbswink]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Poll has limit of 15 Options but here we’re referring to all the languages. Local as well as international.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I really want to learn Hindi and Spanish. As i had Hindi as second lang from 1 to 6, i can still read to some extent.

I am not sure whether whether it is really possible to learn the 'real Hindi'. However, to learn what we call as 'Hindi' watching lot of Bollywood movies and practicing the dialogues will help for sure.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
You’re correct. I have interacted with a few nice people from Afghanistan who came to India and learned Hindi just by watching Hindi TV Channels. They were speaking as fluently as anyone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I can speak Tamil , English( okay not great but not very bad either) fluently. Hindi i can speak okay but can understand clearly what others are speaking! Malayalam and Telugu i understand in bits and pieces but i cant speak and read them! Tamil , English and Hindi i can read well and understand fully!

French was my second language in my 11th and 12th but now forgot them since am not in touch with the language! Same goes to Hindi , Hindi was my second language till my 10th but again i forgot the language a bit and so cannot speak fluently but can understand and read Hindi well. I forgot to write Hindi also , since am not in touch with the language![lol]

Top Bottom