Who's the Best: OLX Vs Quikr?

Best Web portal to sell pre-owned goods?

• OLX

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Quikr

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

Being a lazy Sunday afternoon, just thought of starting a thread on forum regarding the best online portal for sell/purchase of pre-owned items right from Car to Cell phone.

In my family my aunts have been vouching for OLX and their methods of dealing. But, I do have my reservations for selling any pre-owned item online as I have never used either of these portals so far.

Here I am looking forward to your valuable insights on the best web portal among these 2.

PS: I have searched the E-commerce website thread(entire 13 pages[:D]) and also checked the forum for a comparison on them but did not get any so have begun this thread!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Being a 14 year old, I don't have any connection with many people. So selling my things isn't easy for me to do offline.

I sold 3 electronics in a month on my own. Through OLX. What surprised me was that every item sold within a week max!

I give OLX 10/10.

2 came to my home to collect. The other dealt online.

Hi Akash,
As per my personal experience, I have had much better experience on Facebook. There are a couple of groups aka Garage Sale-Bangalore and Second to none, which I feel much more efficient in selling and buying stuff.
I have bought a 2nd had TV, sold my old Shoe rack and had absolutely no issues.

Other than that If I have to choose then I'd go for OLX

I voted for OLX. I had uploaded my data to sell my bike on both OLX and quikr. But all the prospective buyer were from OLX. I never got a call, who had saw my adv in quikr.

If it's about cars, I prefer TBHP or TAI classifieds. It's quite rare in both sites to find a single deal in my small city, let alone a good one. In both OLX and Quikr I have seen ill-informed idiots posting their same ad 10 times, with punctuation very bad (EDIT 2: I think it was only Quikr which was crap. OLX seems fine!). Just can't find anything. With the bad punctuation, I can't even seem to get into my head the model of the car. So not voting.

P.S. I have not used it much and in my sessions I always find the above faults. No offence intended to anyone.

EDIT: See what appeared on my page!

EDIT 4: yamaha rx135cc dead bike - Mumbai - Motorcycles - Scooters - Saki Naka [frustration] is all I can do

Attachments

Last edited:
Well frankly speaking i have not sold any personal item on olx or quicker till date. But i helped one neighbor of mine in selling his old car .Experiance was ok every day three to five query regarding the car and some test drives after some negotiations eventually we locked a deal seriously there was a big difference between actual price we got and dealers quoted exchange price .Olx seemed pretty use full.

from my own experience OLX is far better than Quikr.
Posted an ad in OLX & Quikr same time, and the no. of response I got through OLX is atleast 7~10 times higher than Quikr.

Thread Starter #11

Akash1886

Honoured Member
How is it that Huge Ad Cost is in the strength?
Here is what I found on Online Advertising.

And how is it that even after Quikr promoted their website, OLX is the winner?
OLX won because of its presence prior to Quikr. It could be possible that OLX is more preferred than Quikr among e-citizens.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom