Best Zero Balance Savings Account?

Thread Starter #1
Recently, I started saving money (not pocket money). And a couple of days back, suddenly I got the idea of opening a new zero balance account. I'm 14 years old and I don't have any *considerable* amount of money. I have a minor account to which my father deposits money monthly (I guess), but I don't wish to use it.

Which bank is the best for a poor man?[confused]

P.S: My father has accounts at 6-7 banks. But I need your opinion because the amount of money I'll be saving is so different from him. He might tell me a random bank.

I really loved Jifi by Kotak Mahindra, but since my luck is so bad, it's not available in my city. Their offers, rewards and support is really mind blowing. Even their website (I liked the mobile/ tablet version) is top notch. [cry]

Please help out guys!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Recently, I started saving money (not pocket money). And a couple of days back, suddenly I got the idea of opening a new zero balance account.
I really appreciate your habit of saving money right from teenage. See, I feel SBI will be a good option. They would be asking you whether you need a cheque book or not in your account. So, as you will not be having any major transactions so don't take that. Just take the ATM card and keep the PIN safely. Don't share it anywhere.

As a elder brotherly suggestion, Don't spend your hard earned saving on your gf i.e if you have one.[:D]

Regards

Akash

Why not try PMJDY(Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna) scheme based bank account in SBI?

You will be free of any minimum balance limit and will get various other benefits too.

Thread Starter #4
I really appreciate your habit of saving money right from teenage. See, I feel SBI will be a good option. They would be asking you whether you need a cheque book or not in your account. So, as you will not be having any major transactions so don't take that. Just take the ATM card and keep the PIN safely. Don't share it anywhere.

As a elder brotherly suggestion, Don't spend your hard earned saving on your gf i.e if you have one.[:D]

Regards

Akash
Thank you for the reply.

And no, lol, no gf for me. :3

Why not try PMJDY(Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna) scheme based bank account in SBI?

You will be free of any minimum balance limit and will get various other benefits too.
Decided to go for Kotak Mahindra Junior account.

Top Bottom