Mega Vs Meru Vs OLA Vs Easy Cabs Vs Quick Cab Vs TAB Cabs: Best Radio Cab Service?

The Best Radio Cab Service?

• Mega

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Meru

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • OLA

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Easy Cab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quick Cab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TAB Cab

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

For our daily needs of traveling we have to rely upon cab services. If we have to catch a flight or attend a important meeting, its not always possible to drive in own car and thus we look for the most reliable and timely alternative for fulfilling our commitments.

I am sure, you all may have used Radio Cab services. So which one among the mentioned brands do you find the best?

Criteria for judging are:

1) Timely Arrival

2) Per KM charge.

3) Cleanliness

4) Driver's manners

5) Ease of Booking

Looking forward for some valuable responses here.

Regards

Akash

Re: Mega Vs Meru Vs OLA Vs Easy Cabs Vs Quick Cab Vs TAB Cabs: Best Radio Cab Service

In Delhi, I typically use either QuickCabs or Taxi For Sure. The largest benefits of Taxi for sure are:

1. Phone app to book cabs and show the nearest available cabs.
2. Prompt confirmation of availability.

Both of these services maintain good prices, vehicles and employees.

Re: Mega Vs Meru Vs OLA Vs Easy Cabs Vs Quick Cab Vs TAB Cabs: Best Radio Cab Service

Nice thread.

However, I would like know how Uber is faring in India. I believe it was launched in India in the month of August. How is it faring against the current taxi operators or is it yet to make its presence felt in India.

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I would like know how Uber is faring in India. I believe it was launched in India in the month of August. How is it faring against the current taxi operators or is it yet to make its presence felt in India.
Hi Akash, Here is a link to the various views on UBER; UBER REVIEWS

Regards

Akash

I'm not sure as to go with which one as
1)Meru
Almost always on time
Rs.19.50 post 4kms
Cabs are clean
Drivers are decent
Very easy to book via phone, mobile app, computer.

2)OLA Cabs
Used twice(driver was late by 5mins. once), would say almost on time as per my experience.
OLA Mini costs 100/- for 1st 6kms, and Rs.10 per km thereon.
Cabs were clean on both occasions.
Both drivers were very decent.
Very easy to book via phone, mobile app, computer(I think this would be same for most radio Cab operators).

I think I'll hedge in favor of the Ola cabs purely based on the monetary benefits it gives.

I haven't used other cabs, so would refrain from commenting about them.

Please add Uber and Taxiforsure as the options. The latter is best in terms of pricing and the service in Bangalore at least.

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Please add Uber and Taxiforsure as the options. The latter is best in terms of pricing and the service in Bangalore at least.
Anshuman, please feel free to discuss Uber as well as Taxiforsure here. I could not add them due to thread title length.

Regards

Akash

Taxiforsure is an online portal + apps on mobile to connect local cab operators to users. Their service is usually good and charges are very nominal based on hatchback or sedans. Good for intra city use and railway station/airport transfers.
I have not explored in any other city but in Bangalore they are generally on time and route is guided and fare is calculated based on GPS.

Uber vs Ola vs Taxio

Any one used Uber/Ola/Taxio cabs in Kochi?
Any experience with them in late nights/early morning rides?
Can we track the position of the cab in any of these providers mobile app?

Re: Uber vs Ola vs Taxio

Any one used Uber/Ola/Taxio cabs in Kochi?
Any experience with them in late nights/early morning rides?
Can we track the position of the cab in any of these providers mobile app?
Uber has fairly good service in Kochi city. Not sure about very late night and early morning cab availability but during the regular timings the cabs are readily available. The charges are reasonable too. You can track the live progress of the journey using Uber app. Many of my friends who used to come to office by autos are now coming by Uber cabs

I generally tend to use Ola taxi services (as well as their autos!).
My experience with them has been good in terms of promptness of their cab drivers and their behaviour. Prices are ok.
Not used Uber much as for most part they always seem to be at 1.4x-1.6x the price. Also, many times I find their maps don't take the locations of house properly and getting cabs from very far. I think Ola apps/algos are better.
Have used meru in the past but looks like many cab drivers have migrated to Ola/Uber as I am either not seeing them much or they are mostly preferring airport drops.

It's been quite a while now since I've started using Uber, and I must say it's service is very good here in Bangalore.
Airport Transfers costed me around Rs.370 odd, which is almost half of what I pay for Meru/Megacabs.
Their cabs are very clean, as well as the drivers are well behaved, booking via App is very simple and their referral system is better compared to Ola, i.e. I've had to pay hardly 4-5 times till now, other than that I've used free rides mostly.

It's been quite a while now since I've started using Uber, and I must say it's service is very good here in Bangalore.
Airport Transfers costed me around Rs.370 odd, which is almost half of what I pay for Meru/Megacabs.
Their cabs are very clean, as well as the drivers are well behaved, booking via App is very simple and their referral system is better compared to Ola, i.e. I've had to pay hardly 4-5 times till now, other than that I've used free rides mostly.
Must be some great offer you got for it to cost 370 Rs only!
With Uber I paid something around that amount for City Railway station itself. I generally go for my local taxi who charges 900 Rs for airport drop.
I trust them to come on time. I never got the hang of post booking for Uber. I get jittery if taxi is not pre-booked thanks to some bad experiences earlier where I missed my flight with a cab company!

For all cabs in Bangalore one can say their people are well trained.

Must be some great offer you got for it to cost 370 Rs only!
With Uber I paid something around that amount for City Railway station itself. I generally go for my local taxi who charges 900 Rs for airport drop.
I trust them to come on time. I never got the hang of post booking for Uber. I get jittery if taxi is not pre-booked thanks to some bad experiences earlier where I missed my flight with a cab company!

For all cabs in Bangalore one can say their people are well trained.
No Special offers as such... used Rs.300 from my ride coupon and Rs.73 from my wallet.
Here's the trip fare split up
Capture.JPG

UBER Hyderabad Airport Pick Up

Hello Members,
Will be reaching Hyderabad RGIA airport at around 11.30 pm in the night.
I guess the aero express buses will not be available. So I have to rely on the Radio cabs to take me to Secunderabad Yashoda hospital.

Due to the excessive distance between airport and city, do these cabs charge a hefty amount or it is as per the meter?

Kindly reply!

Thanks

Top Bottom