Jewelries and Ornaments: Purchase Advice and Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Guys
we are planning to buy jewellery for my wedding
Please tell which shops are best

Thread Starter #4
Re: Advice on Recommended Jewellery Shops

Any idea about malabar gold and diamond ?

Wastage charged in jewelleries.

I didn't want to post this on vaibhav's thread and create a off-topic discussion. So, Here's my question.

Have you guys ever thought to question the sales person/manager about wastage ? Why do you have to pay for something that you never get to see it in life. Have you ever asked to provide the wastage bits along with your purchased jewellery ? Asking for making charge is reasonably fair cause you pay that money for labor to craft the jewellery. But for wastage ? Seriously, This happens only in our country ( AFAIK )

Last edited:
Re: Wastage charged in jewelleries.

AFAIK the wastage charged to customer is 1 point more that what is paid to the craftsman.

Here what the jeweler gets is only the labor charges that he gets from you, in return is the life long service and his guarantee for the goods that he has sold yo you ( you need to have the bill for it). Also the small gifts that ladies ask for free.

Nevermind, My post moved back to vaibhav.

The maximum you can get from a jewel shop as gift, would be a money purse, a luggage bag or something else related to bag/suitcase. And did I mention they're all made in cheap materials ? Oh yes. The moment when you use it 2-3 times. The zip lock will stop working followed by the stitches and you throw the bag in garbage or use it to store your old clothes.

If they're charging from us to pay their craftsman for the work. Then it should be included as making charge %.

Should be simple something like..

GOLD RATE x Weight: xxxx
Making Charge: xxx%
Service tax: xx%
--------
Total:
--------

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Bought 4 lacs jewellery from malabar gold, karolbagh ,delhi

They charged Rs 2590 per gram for 22 karat gold + average 15.5% making charges + 1% Vat. Also i checked purity if 22 carat in their machine .

Satisfied

Top Bottom