What Started Your Obsession With Cars?

jettasam

Suspended
Well, I donot remember exactly, but it started when my dad told me the meaning of car in 2001 when I was 4 years.

When I was a small kid, I started reverse engineering all the toys. Unfortunately, I was never been able to reassemble those parts, and every toy my father used to bring for me, had a short lifespan of 2-3 hours. May be from that day! [:D]

BTW, Automobile Engineering paper was my most favourite in my College days. Inccreased my obsession! [glasses]

Due to budget constraints I can't change my cars every couple of years, and now-a-days I'm trying hard to shift my interest towards mobiles which I can afford to change every couple of years. [evil]

I obsessed to purchase a car since my college days when our college road was obsessed by dogs & I was having motorcycle [;)]. Later at time of purchase of car, real reason to have a car was 1) AC, 2) independency from bus timetable etc, 3) speed.

I have inherited the love for automobiles from my dad. I still remember the day when my dad got his first car. The joy was very evident on his face. His love for that car was something that made me an autohead.

Strangely enough, the first automobile I drove/ploughed[drive] with was the Massey Ferguson tractor in my village when I was in 6th grade (Please note that I'm not in favor of underage driving and this was done under guidance in a field), the feeling was overwhelming and so I was attracted towards all sorts of automobiles, especially the SUVs those days. 2 cars that excited me very much were Mahindra Classic and Tata Siera.

Like most people here, I started it with toys. Had a fleet of (toy) cars. Since then I started to recognize cars based on looks. Not so special when there were only Indicas and 800s ruling the streets. Then the passion died-or turned into computers. It still is, but it's equal to the newly acquired knowledge and passion with cars. So my father gets money for a new car every 4 years, but only after purchasing the car. I asked weather to buy a car or what, since it was the third year since the current car. He said yes. Just then, it was 3 months of intense research and that is how I went into cars. That's quite silly, please pardon

There are some typos I could not notice on a mobile phone screen, please edit it for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom