Landslide in Pune. Are All TAI-Gers Fine??

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,I just now read that a landslide occurred in Pune.Nothing but I just wanted to make myself double sure if Everybody is Safe here.Just comment below.Thank you

Re: Are all Pune TAIns Fine ??

Hi all,I just now read that a landslide occurred in Pune.Nothing but I just wanted to make myself double sure if Everybody is Safe here.Just comment below.Thank you
Thank you very much for your concern.
As of now we all are fine.

Guys...drive safe during rain.
More rain expected in next 48 hrs

Re: Are all Pune TAIns Fine ??

Landslide has occurred on a village situated 100 km away from Pune in early morning, it was reported by a ST driver who use to ply there routinely when he found that the road and the village is missing.

As of now, rescue operation is going on, hundreds are suspected to be dead & buried under the debris mainly the mud.

People driving in the hilly areas surrounding Pune should be very cautious as these cases are rising rapidly due to heavy deforestation around Pune. In the last year rainfall similar incident happened near Katraj and this its near holy place called Bhimashankar

Thread Starter #5
Thank you all for your replys.I am really happy and relieved to know everyone are fine !! But RIP to 20 lives that were lost in the Disaster.Thank you

Thank you all for your replys.I am really happy and relieved to know everyone are fine !! But RIP to 20 lives that were lost in the Disaster.Thank you
Thanks Bharat for your concern, as mentioned by Tornado, this Maalin village is 120 kms from Pune towadrs the road that goes on right side of Dimbhe dam and almost 25 kms from Dimbhe dam. The western ghats are oldest mountain formations and such cases usually occur there due to heavy deforestation only. The top of the mountain was cleared of trees to make way for irrigation plots. However let's wait for the exact cause.
According to a friend who lives near Dimbhe village, there were some 350 to 400 people including children still trapped in debris.

Now, they have pressed the sniffer dogs in action to detect evidence of life under the rubble. Ideally they should have called them on the day of tragedy.
Also,
these dogs would direct the NDRF men towards precise location of dead bodies under the rubble.

Now, they have pressed the sniffer dogs in action to detect evidence of life under the rubble. Ideally they should have called them on the day of tragedy.
Also,
these dogs would direct the NDRF men towards precise location of dead bodies under the rubble.
Last two days it was raining very heavily and due to layer of the mud it was very difficult to smell for dogs. Today the rains have slowed down so they have came in action

Total 151 dead ,whole rubble cleared .NDRF was searching for dead bodies in the valley where this mud ladden rubble was thrown by the JCB excavators but they could not find any.

Top Bottom