Another Plane Crash! 45 Feared Dead in Taiwan Plane Crash

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
This news is just coming in and is a matter of huge shock after the MH370 incident and more recently the MH17 plane crash in Ukraine. A TransAsia flight in Taiwan has crashed in an attempt to make an emergency landing with reported death toll of approx. 51 and 7 injuries. Source: Link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Heck. Now Air Algerie has lost contact with one of their flights over Africa. An excerpt from TOI:
Air Algerie said it lost contact with one of its passenger aircraft nearly an hour after take-off from Burkina Faso on Thursday bound for Algiers. A company source told AFP that the missing aircraft was a DC-9 and that some 110 passengers of various nationalities and six crew members are listed as being on board the flight.

The source said contact with the flight was lost while it was still in Malian airspace approaching the border with Algeria. "The plane was not far from the Algerian frontier when the crew was asked to make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route," the source said. "Contact was lost after the change of course."

The airline announced that the plane had gone missing in a brief statement carried by national news agency APS. "Air navigation services have lost contact with an Air Algerie plane on Thursday flying from Ouagadougou to Algiers, 50 minutes after take-off," the statement said. It added that the company initiated an "emergency plan" in the search for flight AH5017, which flies the four-hour passenger route four times a week.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Tuff reputation for the aviation industry which is struggling with high operating costs.

The sad part is that the technology available today couldn't find MH370 rather than the technology was used to destroy a passenger jet .

Extremely saddening. The case of MH17 left me shocked. I remember watching the crash investigation of Korean air of 1982. While watching it I thought that good that these things can never happen in today's modern world and this happened. The innocent souls lost just because the shooters didn't bother to confirm if it was a military jet or a commercial one.

As for MH370, that's one of the biggest mystery. For some reason I find it hard to believe the theory of pilots involvement.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
I'm awfully sad as I type this. Air Algerie flight AH5017 carrying 116 occupants has crashed in Mali. Two French fighter jets have located the wreckage. Source: Link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The bad weather is being speculated as the cause of this crash. However, its extremely saddening to know that so many souls lost their lives in these 2 weeks which appear to have been the most terrible ones for the aviation industry. May the departed souls RIP.

Top Bottom