Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) - Do I Need To Go For it?

Thread Starter #1
This is what I mean:
over.png

And this is what Wikipedia has to say:
"Computational fluid dynamics, usually abbreviated as CFD, is a branch of fluid mechanics that uses numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems that involve fluid flows. Computers are used to perform the calculations required to simulate the interaction of liquids and gases with surfaces defined by boundary conditions. With high-speed supercomputers, better solutions can be achieved. Ongoing research yields software that improves the accuracy and speed of complex simulation scenarios such as transonic or turbulent flows. Initial experimental validation of such software is performed using a wind tunnel with the final validation coming in full-scale testing, e.g. flight tests."

Actually some sort of wind tunnel testing it is and I am interested in it.

Since a couple of months I have got some sort of issues with my brain and the short circuit has resulted in me getting back to studies. Have been to some research institutes, presented papers, filed patents and blah blah blah, nothing but some boring work that I have started loving to do.

Have learnt CATIA, MATLAB and Ansys to a bit of expertise(not pukka expert but still enough to make a chassis and analyse it or make an electronic circuit and analyse it). Now the hunger has increased even more and I am thinking of learning CFD now.

So my question is:
Should I go for it? Or it will be a waste of money as Ansys can also perform a bit of it and the course I am planning also consists of Ansys and Altair itself.
Secondly, going by academics, is it going to be beneficial for me? I am still an Electrical Engineer![roll]

Top Bottom