• Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Lets dicuss the World cup, I guess there are quite a few people just like me who are interested in Football world cup. Lets discuss the latest happening in World cup here.

A poll to predict the winner of the world cup, is also posted. Lets bring out the Paul, the Octopus from within and predict the winner.

Brazil 0- Mexico 0
It was worth mentioning the way the Ochoa (Mexican Goalie) saved the shots from Neymar and Co.

Bel 2- Algeria 1
The Belgium were almost stunned by the Algerians. In the first half it felt like Aglerian defence was proving too strong to the Belgians. But substitutions in the second half proved benificial to the Belgians. Felliani and Mertens (two substitued players) provided the breakthrough and lead for the Belgians.
Final score line read 2-1 in favour of Belgians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Australia 2- 3 Netherlands

This was a one of the best competitive matches of the worldcup. Each team counter attacking the other. There were goals in 20th and 21st minute by either side. With Australian Tim Cahill providing the equaliser in 21st minute.

The socceroos, went into lead with penalty in 54th minute with equaliser coming of from the flying dutchman Van Persie with fine field goal in the 58th minute.

With Match going on evenly poised Depay came of with a stunning goal to give Netherlands an unasialable 3-2 lead over socceroos.

Spain 0- 2 Chile

It was one of those matches where the world cup champions would like to forget. The Spainards were out done by spirited Chillean defence and counter offence.

Vargas and Aranguiz both scored for Chile in the first half . The second half though did not produce any goals was as entertaining with Spain trying to make comeback.

Finally it was that the world champions were knocked out of world cup in the league stage itself. With 2 successive defeats off Netherlands and Chile, Spain is out of contention of the World cup. So are Australia.

Thread Starter #4
I often feel, the interest that we indians have in Fifa world cup is like "Begaani shaadi me abdulla dewaana".

I would consider my self lucky if i ever see india qualifying for FIFA world cup in lifetime of mine.

I often feel, the interest that we indians have in Fifa world cup is like "Begaani shaadi me abdulla dewaana".

I would consider my self lucky if i ever see india qualifying for FIFA world cup in lifetime of mine.
It is not about all Indians. You should go thru Kerala during world cup. You can see big hoardings by fans of different country. Especially in Malappuram district of kerala. They are mad about football. I could even see the 'spirited' hoardings in Kannur, Calicut district during my last week travel. May be TAIans are more of Auto enthusiasts than football fans :)

Thread Starter #9
AS for me,

Germany seems to be by far the best balanced team to be considered as a probable candidate for lifting the cup.
Netherlands comes in next, with Robben and Van Persie delivering. They have a young team too.
Brazil, I am not sure of how they would perform and same with Argentina. Barring Messi, I am unsure of how they play as a team.
Portugal yet too see some more of them.

We could have a surprise elements in form of Mexico and Chile.

I think German Machine will steam roll everything else. The way Netherlands were threatened by Ausies, make me wonder what would have been the outcome, had it been some other big-shot team. Brazil and Argentina will wilt under pressure. But, would like to see either of them lift the cup.

:offtopic: Two nations which have super successful Leagues, Spain and England are out. Is it that inclusion of International Stars for Clubs help mask the inabilities of local talent which ultimately gets exposed at International level ?

I feel Germans read my above post and decided to make a fool of me[frustration]. Meanwhile, five French goals from five different players (against Switzerland) conveys a super flexible team which is very dangerous for the opponents. How come none in TAI voted for the French. Could they be the silent assassins this time around ?

Top Bottom