Trumpet Musical Instrument Construction Modification.

Thread Starter #1
Trumpet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can the Trumpet Musical Instrument Modified in Construction for producing sound if you hold the Trumpet from both sides ?.
i.e. if Symmetrical Geometrical Trumpet is constructed on both the sides then can it produce sound ?.

i.e. Currently if you hold the Trumpet in one side, it can produce sound, but if you hold the Trumpet from the other side, it will not produce sound. Am i correct ?.

Can we derive some Trumpet Musical Instrument Laws for the same ?.

Law 1 : Trumpet can generate sound only from one direction because of the following reason .......

Law 2 : Trumpet cannot generate sound from the other direction because of the following reason ......

Law 3 : Sound generation is possible from both the sides if we redesign a symmetrical Trumpet because of the following reason .....

The Advantage of this Symmetrical Trumpet design would be that the Single Trumpet can be shared between two persons.

For example : Father and Son. i.e. A Single Musical instrument shared between two persons.

The Trumpet length is extended say to 7 feet long. The Trumpet is hold by Father from one side and son is holding from the other side.

When the father generates sound from one Trumpet side, the son from the other Trumpet side will keep the Trumpet away from his mouth and when the son generates sound from one Trumpet side, the father from the other Trumpet side will keep the Trumpet away from his mouth.

One more question which arises is whether there will be synchronization of sound generation from both trumpet sides if both father and son generate sound from the trumpet at the same time.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Top Bottom