Neighbors Deliberately Parking in Front of My Gate

Thread Starter #1
As the title says...Have you ever felt frustrated when your neighbors act like scumbags and park their vehicles in-front of your gates/drive-way while keeping their place accessible.

My situation, I tried to educate them politely and rude not to park in-front of the gates as it totally blocks the accessibility to my parking. They simply ignored that by giving lame excuses and back-firing at me cause it is a public road.

Now what makes me mad is they're doing this on purpose, getting their friends and relatives vehicles to be parked at our drive-way. This is seriously annoying.

Anyone facing this type of issues here, How do you deal with it ?

Last edited:
Re: Have you ever felt frustrated by this ?

I feel it I feel it !!

at my old place where I used to rent on a 2 bed room unit. We had parking for 24 cars only and it was plenty of room to park around 30 cars. A lot of afghans came to Australia as Asylum seekers and some of them located in the same place where I was located. These guys buy cars from damaged cars auctions and would repair them andsell. These guys bought one after another and parked around 46 cars in that area and blocking my skyline from moving. I used to outrage them and told them to move. They would and one day When I had my imported skyline (red) i was reversing it and the guy parked his car at the rear I was reversing fast and bang ! My exahust was quiet big and it literraly made a hole in his corrola's door . I guess they all learnt a lesson themselves. People used to scratch cars etc

I moved out of that area last year. I have now my own place with 2 cars garage and can park 2 cars on my drive way without blocking the footpath.

move out man if you can. Some idiots don't learn

Re: Have you ever felt frustrated by this ?

I stay in an apartment when in Bangalore & i have two car parking which i pay for even when majority of the time one is vacant,reason is cranky people around who would object when i squeezed in two cars into my parking(which they said was against rules),even though it did not cause problem in moving around(no driveway intrusion or anything) an objection was raised,since more people own new cars now there is parking problem & people find it free to use the empty space next to my parking to park their kids cycles & an annoying fellow is squeezing his two wheeler scratching my car bumper.
I am a live & let live person,the very people who objected to my parking few years ago are squeezing two cars into there parking themselves. Since the kids cycle & two wheeler guy were scratching the car i park the car closer to the pillar & leave the wheels turned so they cant get out through my car area .

At my friends granpa's place a neighbour would park his bike in front everyday making it a prob for visitors to park. My friend removed the mirrors of the bike & threw it,later he removed some parts when it was repeated,the neighbour became more careful with his bike after that.

I have been to some places where people object even if you have parked on the other side of their home (opposite),once annoyed i asked why is it a prob when i am not in front of their home,the old lady replied people who sweep the road cant sweep well if car is parked [lol]

Last edited:
As the title says...Have you ever felt frustrated when your neighbors act like scumbags and park their vehicles in-front of your gates/drive-way while keeping their place accessible.

My situation, I tried to educate them politely and rude not to park in-front of the gates as it totally blocks the accessibility to my parking. They simply ignored that by giving lame excuses and back-firing at me cause it is a public road.

Now what makes me mad is they're doing this on purpose, getting their friends and relatives vehicles to be parked at our drive-way. This is seriously annoying.

Anyone facing this type of issues here, How do you deal with it ?
Deflate the tyres. That will teach them a lesson. But then besure that you have parked your cars inside and that may be applied on your as well if you have parked at wrong place.

Well is some areas in Bangalore owners of houses have put up boards in front of their compound/gates "Park at your own risk" or "Do you have a stepney, you may need it when you come back" sort of stuff.

I stay at BTM area in Bangalore. In my area I have 2 neighbors whom have 3 cars and 5 cars respectively. They have their own house in this area but they have designed their house in such a way that only 1 car can be parked.May be they may not be knowing they will become rich in future and can afford more than 2 cars.
So they can park one car inside house and rest have to be parked on the road. I stay in a house where there is no car parking available inside house ,so I park in the front of my house on the road.
Now these rich guys park there car whenever they find a vacant place.Suppose I take out my car , then when I will come back that place will be taken by any of these guys. Ideally I can park my car in front of the house where I stay but they will barge into it creating trouble to me. Every time I see my parking is occupied I have to go ring the doorbell of respective owner and ask them to remove their car. Actually they have became a menace in that area. No body car parking are safe.

Sometime if I come late and see my parking area is vacant, I can not express how much happy and relax I feel.

I don't understand if you do not have parking in place why you are purchasing so many cars and when you are not driving them all. If it was no necessary to have multiple car then why you guys are troubling others for parking. You should think if I am purchasing the a new car where to park it.

At least people who stay in individual houses are luck that even if they dont have parking spaces inside, they can park outside the house. But in case of people staying in apartments, there is no option , unless someone rents out his space to you.

Sometime if I come late and see my parking area is vacant, I can not express how much happy and relax I feel.
Why can't you put a board on the gate, No parking in front of the Gate or Parking only for Tenants. First let them aware that you are disturbed due to their parking. Later if they do it again, it is intentional and can be considered different.

Why can't you put a board on the gate, No parking in front of the Gate or Parking only for Tenants. First let them aware that you are disturbed due to their parking. Later if they do it again, it is intentional and can be considered different.
They can see that, I am staying in that house and I am parking my car at that place regularly from last 4 year, but still they have that audacity to park in my parking area. I would say they are shameless people. No amount of talk and sign board will deter them from doing so.I am not the only suffering of this moronic act. Who ever are staying near their house, they are sufferer.
But after calling them on regular basis to remove their car, this has come down but not completely.

Thread Starter #10
Glad I'm not alone here.. Thanks for replying guys.

I feel it I feel it !!

at my old place where I used to rent on a 2 bed room unit. We had parking for 24 cars only and it was plenty of room to park around 30 cars. A lot of afghans came to Australia as Asylum seekers and some of them located in the same place where I was located. These guys buy cars from damaged cars auctions and would repair them andsell. These guys bought one after another and parked around 46 cars in that area and blocking my skyline from moving. I used to outrage them and told them to move. They would and one day When I had my imported skyline (red) i was reversing it and the guy parked his car at the rear I was reversing fast and bang ! My exahust was quiet big and it literraly made a hole in his corrola's door . I guess they all learnt a lesson themselves. People used to scratch cars etc

I moved out of that area last year. I have now my own place with 2 cars garage and can park 2 cars on my drive way without blocking the footpath.

move out man if you can. Some idiots don't learn

I'm surprised to hear that buddy. Based on their laws, can't you just call the police to tow any vehicles that's blocking your private property or drive-way ? But happy to hear that you're issue has been solved now.

Deflate the tyres. That will teach them a lesson. But then besure that you have parked your cars inside and that may be applied on your as well if you have parked at wrong place.

I currently live in an apartment as well. But we have individual private space and gates for each parking facing the road.
to take our cars out without any hassle.

Problem is, There is no laws or rules for "No Parking in front of the gates" or at least to my knowledge. Now this neighbor know that i fought with him previously. If anything happens to the cars parked in front of our gates. undoubtedly he'll point us as suspects. And there are chances to get my car in danger as well.

So deflating their tires is not going to work for me.

if there is an emergency, think about it. I have senior citizens in my family. Or anything different..
I can't take my vehicle out and i can always expect someone parked his bike/car in front of the gates.

One day under extreme blood pressure, I moved couple of bikes to clear my way and blocked the entire road with these bikes. ( 3-4 bikes ) I took my car and moved out. I'm not sure what happened after that. I don't care to know about it.

But this scumbag neighbor trying to justify himself: The space outside your gate is not your property, It is main road and belongs to public you cannot force anybody not to park here or there. There is no law that says it belongs to you.

I really wanted to **** an iron rod in his _ _ _ and his car's windshield for talking to me like that. But then again it leaves my buddy ( car ) in danger.

And with that being said, Pasting NO PARKING!!! signs is not going to work. These scumbags are like wild cows.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not alone here.. Thanks for replying guys.
I really wanted to **** an iron rod in his _ _ _ and his car's windshield for talking to me like that. But then again it leaves my buddy ( car ) in danger.

And with that being said, Pasting NO PARKING!!! signs is not going to work. These scumbags are like wild cows.
Brother don't get sad you belongs to a good family and your neighbour types of peoples are cheap and by luck or something else they got the money to spend but manners and brains are null in them. One thing you can do if can give bribe to transport department or your area's MCD department they will solve your problem. I have a good experience of the same. I live in Delhi we already have a parking and one of my neighbor is doing the same way that happened with you he is having two cars but no parking in his home one day i fought with him but he was not ready to move his car from my place and he also said do whatever you want but he hadn't idea that i have good links in police department as well as in MCD department too I just made a call to my friend and share with him my all problem related to neighbor bas fir kya tha next to next day my friends who are in Delhi MCD & Delhi Police came and fined him for parking in the road, no parking place in home. (In our area parking place is mandatory in home if you have a car). Now he always beseech me whenever he see me [lol]. So i suggest you do the same as i suggest you. Good Luck [glasses]

Last edited:
One attempt could be to start parking you car outside his gate/entrance if that is possible. If that is not possible, then best is to get traffic police on your side, go there speak to them and get them to knock some sense into the culprit

Parking will be an issue in coming days. Day by day new cars are on the road. Maruti itself is making closely 1Lakh car per month. Similarly with other brands. The volume of roads are not growing proportionally. Hence the issue will stay and going to be a big problem in coming years. Now it is time to think about vertical parking space and options.

What I can see is lack of ethics and community living manners. Hence, the basic manners of parking must be introduced while one apply for driving license. Simply, the driving curriculum need to be updated to resolve some of these issues.

I can't agree that the road outside your house is your parking lot.What non sense? It's a public road. On what grounds do one have the right to make it their own? Really funny beliefs.Please don't be under any impression that you have or for that matter anyone has the right to park on public roads.

Top Bottom